Search Unity

Bug First Play test

Discussion in 'Linux' started by hipnotickid_12, Sep 21, 2015.

1. hipnotickid_12

hipnotickid_12

So I began to notice that Unity begins to hang when I activate the play mode for the first time. It gets quite annoying. I thought it was only one time but it kept happening.
    The first thing I open is Unity when I turn my computer on and I immediately want to see where I left off. So I'll click the play button and then it just hangs but after I close it and reopen it, Unity works fine. Does anyone know why this happens?

2. ma1onso

ma1onso

Could you give more information about your computer?... Drivers, Distro Linux, etc.

3. hipnotickid_12

hipnotickid_12

Intel HD Graphics 4000, Ubuntu 14.04, Intel Celeron N2840 with 4GB RAM.
    I think my specs aren't was causing the error though.

4. yoshite

yoshite

Yes, I have the same issue on my Linux Mint Qiana(14.04 ubuntu based). I tried to find this problem and here is the reason for me. If you have defined android-sdk-path before (by Menu Edit -> Preferences -> External Tools -> Android SDK Location)
    When you boot(or reboot) your linux system, open Unity project and press the play button Unity hangs and doesn't respond anymore. After termination Unity process and restart Unity works well without problems. I can't reset or delete android-sdk-path by GUI interface so manually deleted "prefs" file under my home_directory/.local/share/unity3d/ and playback problem dispapears till set the android-sdk-path again. I think there is a sync issue between adb command set and Unity playback engine. Of course Unity gurus have knowledge better than me. I hope this will be fixed soon. Sorry for my English mistakes, Regards

EDIT: You can also rename adb file temporarily to catch this bug quickly

Last edited: Sep 25, 2015
  5. ma1onso

ma1onso

I have the same problem, I tested and not found a solution. Sorry man :confused: