Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

First Person Victim

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by david_jd, Jul 2, 2010.

1. david_jd

david_jd

First Person Victim.

What will you do when an air strike is announced, the attack is targeting your hometown, and you can hear the bombers coming nearer? How will you find your loved ones in the carnage after the explosions? What would it be like to be on the other side of the guns pointed at you by the invaders? What happens when we turn the roles around and the "First Person Shooter" becomes a "First Person Victim" experience?

This interactive dramatic experience will describe how the sources of aggression in first person shooters and the conventions used in these games have been exploited in the "First Person Victim" experience to create awareness about the consequences of war for civilians.
    The experience is utilizing our "Interactive Dramatic Experience Model" which organizes various events of the experience and mediates an emergent narrative by the use of the first person shooter form.
    The theme is communicated through the use of tragedy, and turns the roles around to let the participants encounter a realistic war-scenario while being confronted with ethical issues, by enacting the experience of being a victim of war.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zs5P2H2s3z0

Last edited: Oct 23, 2010
  2. LordsWarrior

LordsWarrior

Brutal

interesting project experiment

-LW

3. ChaosWWW

ChaosWWW

I really like the idea of this. Not only is it an interesting idea in the sense that it is unique, but also provided an emotional experience that is rare in games. I give you two thumbs up for being daring and thinking outside the box.

The only real problem I had with it is that there seemed to hardly be any gameplay. There is nothing really wrong with that, but why bother presenting it as a game and not a movie? Don't get me wrong, I still thought it was a wonderful experience and I still extend those two thumbs to you ;)

4. kosmopol

kosmopol

Very emotional. And the aim is also very awesome.
    I'd also say, it's interactive movie.

And actually - since this is not really interactive, and you perhaps cannot stop people to kill another people in this project, it's really authentic anti-war project, which shows how people can be paralyzed by their own unability to stop the war while of these horror times...

5. mikesgames

mikesgames

That was really really cool!

9/10 from me!