Search Unity

First Person Character issues.

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by ArrayCS, Sep 18, 2017.

1. ArrayCS

ArrayCS

When i play my game. (horror based) My character is litterally touching the floor. my camera seems like its litterally on the floor. i dont know why this is happening but i can upload a screenshot of what is happening..

2. ArrayCS

ArrayCS

Attached Files:

3. Xepherys

Xepherys

It's tough to say, but it actually looks like the camera is where you have it set (Transform.position.y = 0.754). It's slightly above the ground. But also that position is relative to your First Person Controller's transform. So it it's y = -0.5, the net y-axis value of the camera is y = 0.254 (units above 0-plane).

4. Xepherys

Xepherys

If the camera was at the 0-plane (literally on the floor), then you wouldn't see the floor/ground, you would be looking along the ground and it would appear to have no visual value. Are you expecting the camera to be higher? Further back? Different angle?

5. ArrayCS

ArrayCS

So how can i fix this @Xepherys move the fps controller and camera up? or just one? please help

6. ArrayCS

ArrayCS

i want it to look like first person. as if the camera is at head height @Xepherys

7. Xepherys

Xepherys

Have you defined your unit-space? I mean, "head height" isn't a specific thing. How tall is your character? What is your unity value? 1m per unit? Some of these things just need to "feel right" as there isn't a specific value that all games use. Camera positioning is tricky business. In my game, I've changed my camera positioning and mechanics probably a dozen times and I'm still not perfectly happy with it yet.

8. ArrayCS

ArrayCS

i'm working on that now. but once im done making my game in unity how do i take it out of unity and actually make it like a shortcut on my desktop and allow others to play it? @Xepherys

9. Xepherys

Xepherys

Oh man... you really need to take some time and sit down with the Unity tutorials. These are super basic questions. But you need to go to File -> Build & Run. But seriously, take some time to learn the software. An hour or two of watching tutorials would've answered both of these questions and a LOOOOOT more. :)

10. ArrayCS

ArrayCS

Thanks man! sorry for the late responce was playing a game. thanks for all the help @Xepherys