Search Unity

First Impression Feedback

Discussion in 'Unity Hub' started by marwi, Jan 31, 2018.

1. marwi

marwi

Hi, thanks for the hub, I think it's a cool feature and will help me in organize my installations more easily.
    I hope it's ok to leave some first impression feedback / request here though:

1) please make the window resizeable
    2) a feature to select a folder and have the hub automatically scan all subfolders for Editor.exe locations would be cool because the setup with a lot versions already being installed is a bit tedious (maybe not a high priority but nice to have)
    3) let me manage the icons of installed versions inside the hub
    4) change the way the Template description is displayed or add different descriptive information - currently I can only read the description via a tooltip after selection

2. joeksy

joeksy

Unity Technologies

Hi @marwi,
    Thanks for your feedback, I have noted them down and will be reviewed by the team.
    1,2 and 4 are in our plan to improve upon.

3. marwi

marwi

Hi @joeksy thanks, nice to hear that

5) Add search to Projects List (name, project, path, maybe even a option for adding other meta information to projects would be nice: like tags (to quickly identify as client work or something else)) - sometimes I have to go back to "older" projects and scrolling through a endless lists of installed or recently opened projects scanning for the one you're looking for is also a bit annoying

4. vdwtanner

vdwtanner

For me, the first thing that I've noticed is that I wasn't able to specify the install directory of the hub or any of the engines. It always defaulted to my C drive, which is very small as I only intended it to be used for my OS. I usually keep all game dev related stuff on a separate drive. Is this feature planned to be provided soon? I really love the idea of having a unified hub experience kinda like UE4, but not being able to specify directories is a deal breaker.

EDIT: Just scrolled down a bit more in the list and saw a whole topic about this. Sorry for the duplicate and glad to hear that it is in the works :)