Search Unity

First game published and a couple of "newbee" questions

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by VanGoghShock, Sep 24, 2018.

1. VanGoghShock

VanGoghShock

I published my first game this summer on Google Play for US distribution.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.JuegoPuego.LinguaSnack

The game is a collaboration between an artist and myself (with the exception of one purchased art asset). It is fairly simple in scope and is completely free (no ads).

I am pleased that I actually published a game, as that is the first major achievement in becoming a game developer. However, I have a few questions.

1) This game is targeted to a limited audience so I would not expect it to go viral, but I anticipated that I would have a few people try it out. I tried searching the Google Play Store using keywords for my game, but it is never listed. I have tried changing the key words in my title and description with no change in results. Obviously, noone is going to try the game, if it does not show up in the searches. Any advise on how to get your game discovered? Is it necessary to buy ads?

2) I would like to publish this game and future games internationally, but without hiring a lawyer I am not confident on how to comply with US export rules. From what I can find on the web, Unity uses encryption to collect some anonymous data. My game does not add any additional encryption usage. This particular game does not use any Unity services, but future games will use Unity Analytics. Considering the Unity Engine/Services part of the game only, is there anything I have to do legally to export my game from the US? What are other developers doing to make sure they comply with US export laws? Are they publishing strictly within the US until they can afford a lawyer?

Attached Files: