Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

First game: Balls of Steel

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by Thomas-Lund, Apr 3, 2008.

1. Thomas-Lund

Thomas-Lund

We are super proud to show you our first game - Balls of Steel.

The game was developed by Magnus Blikstad, Martin Schultz and myself within 1,5 month of part time work. It is our first Unity game, and was developed as a "team test" that turned out quite fun.

The music and sound effects are still being worked upon, but otherwise we consider the game finished in this version.

You are more than welcome to play and give feedback on the game.

Currently trying to get it out onto portals, but no luck until now (no reply). If you are a publisher or similar with interest in the game, then please dont hesitate in contacting us!

Link to game:

http://bos.witentertainment.com/

/Thomas

thomas (at) witentertainment (dot) com

2. Quietus2

Quietus2

Game is a great deal of fun. The whole contraption vibrating when keying up for a powershot was especially thrilling.

I did notice that the powershots seemed to pass right through the sides of the play area. Also am quite sad there's no multi-player.

3. Lallander

Lallander

Fantastic work. It could definitely do with some other gameplay or challenge modes and multiplayer would rock. Otherwise excellent visual styling on it.

4. nickavv

nickavv

Love it man. :D I could put it on Unicade if you'd like. Who knows, it could be the game that revives the whole site. n_n

Also, when I was rotated to the side I found it a bit hard to see myself and tell where I was rotated towards. I'm impressed by the originality of the concept though. Projectile air hockey? :D

5. nafonso

nafonso

Very nice! You have to do it multiplayer! :wink:

6. MatthewW

MatthewW

You should test the gamma on Windows machines (or by changing the display settings on your Mac). It's pretty dark:

7. drJones

drJones

well done, nice detail to the visuals FX : )

a few crits:

- i'd lose the gradient in the background - maybe a starfield (yes cliche but it would fit with the general style you have ; ) or basically anything with some detail its very bland to my eyes.

- i'd prefer faster movement. especially when the puck is close it can be impossible to go from on side to the other fast enough.

i'm surprised no portals are interested yet - seems like the right kind of game - how much content do you have?

8. Lka

Lka

Nice game and effects but I'd like to aim with the mouse.

9. Martin-Schultz

Martin-Schultz

Mouse aiming works. When the game runs, click inside the game window and the cursor will disappear. You can aim then the gun directly with the mouse.

10. orbitsteve

orbitsteve

WOW!!!!

man i just got hooked to this game.....great great work..
    design is wonderfull

11. Lka

Lka

Really? You should write it near the other instructions.. I haven't tried it because it wasn't mentioned there.

12. Martin-Schultz

Martin-Schultz

Uh, good point, Lka, thanks, will consider this!

13. tbelgrave

tbelgrave

Great looking game and definite fun in short burst. Biggest thing missing tho is power-ups! I was hoping for the opportunity to punish the CPU with one final blow with a power wall, larger gun, spreader type weapon, protective wall the CPU had to break down to get to my goal, something! :) But great effort, definitely expand on it if you wish to garnish response from portals, right now it doesn't offer too much but it's a great building block.

Take care!

~t

14. Jessy

Jessy

15. AngryAnt

AngryAnt

Keyboard Operator

I agree that the one thing that is missing is a sense of progress. In shufflepuch it was new opponents in other games it is power-ups.