Search Unity

First frame of Timeline/Playable automatically playing when I select it in Hierarchy

Discussion in 'Timeline' started by Jamez0r, Feb 3, 2020.

1. Jamez0r

Jamez0r

Hello,

When I run my game, and then select my game object that has the Playable Director (so it shows up in my Timeline tab), it seems to be activating the first frame of the Playables in that timeline.

Is this normal behavior? I can't imagine it is.

This particular Playable has 3 types of things:
    1) Spine Animation State Track (for the 2D animation software called Spine - when the Playable Director game object is selected, the animation is applied to the character)
    2) Wwise Ak Event Track (to play a Wwise sound/event - when the Playable Director game object is selected, you can hear the sound effect (which is placed on the 1st frame) start and then stop abruptly)
    3) Signals on frame 1 are NOT activated.

So... is this an issue with BOTH of the 3rd party Playables (Spine and Wwise) or is it the nature of how Timeline works? Or am I missing something here? Things in my scene get all out of whack when I select the Playable Director and it automatically does this 1-frame start

2. gekidoslayer

gekidoslayer

Unity Technologies

It's Timeline going into "preview" mode so you can see what the timeline is doing.