Search Unity

First ever project [WIP]

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by ProNerdPanda, Feb 18, 2013.

1. ProNerdPanda

ProNerdPanda

'sup everyone, I finally have begun my own project

Team:
    - Me (3D Modeller)

I'm looking for programmers and Level Designers

Game:
    The game itself it's simple, the main character is W.I.L.L No, the game will be an allegory of a phrase i heard in a song "Do not let useless fears hide the light inside of you", and to make this into a game i thought of some strange creatures (Which will be listed) that will represent each fear that a man encounters in his life (Depression/Failure/the fear of the dark) and your job is to take out all these creature and free the light inside the system;

Allegories:
    - Creatures = Fears // There will be different creatures, a Big smoky one for the fear of Darkness; an incomplete creature melting, which will represent the fear of failing something, then leaving it as it is and let it die in the oblivion of your mind; A little dark fairy type, that will represent Depression, since this condition it's like a little guy telling you "Nah you can't do that, just don't do anything", or even a biheaded snake type figure, to represent the fear of having to choose a direction in our life ("Should i do this? what will be the consequences?")

- W.I.L.L No // Of course the only thing that can destroy these creature inside yourself it's the power of your own Will, no one else can do it; W.I.L.L it's an Acronym for "Will I Live Like This" which will be followed by No (Number), but the number will be covered by something, then the whole period will be "Will I Live Like This, No"

- Level Designing // Of course you will not be inside a room made of human flash, i will probably find another allegory for the inner self, like a Computer, W.I.L.L would be the antivirus

- Obstacles // We all know that when things are changing, we get scared of which direction we're going, is it going to be fine? Then WE make obstacles to our inner Will, like walls (Fire-walls) that are meant to stop W.I.L.L, but will your Will be strong enough?

Project name:
    I was thinking about something like "Will", to keep it simple;

Softwares:
    Unity3D
    3DSmax
    GIMP

2. AlexLeighton

AlexLeighton

Sounds like a cool idea, slaying your inner demons. I would suggest something like a dream state for the game, without it ending with the character simply waking up and everything is fine, of course. Or maybe the character is having trouble distinguishing fantasy from reality, and the two worlds are melting into each other, so he's at the mall with his girlfriend and suddenly all the benches have become monsters.