Search Unity

'FIRST' 3weeks with unity - Multiplayer Shooter: ROOTS

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by DOCSKI_GAMES, Apr 13, 2012.

1. DOCSKI_GAMES

DOCSKI_GAMES

hey forum,

I wanted to show you guys our game Roots, a fast paced topdown multiplayer Shoot-Em-Up set in a futuristic yet evacuated island, so you'll be playing in maps that have been desolated for years, which means alot of plantlife, wildlife, ambient sounds yet strange mechanical sounds and devices as power is restored to the battlefield you fight for.

Our plans for roots are:
    - Up to 16 players (hopefully Unity's netcode holds up)
    - So many weapons I cant list them all and no, not just 10 types of assault rifles, each gun will be unique, especially since Roots is more of a stylized design. I plan to make alot of guns but each map will be limited to around 6, that way, the same maps play differently each time around
    - Vehicles, wont share my details on this yet because it'll be surprising ;)
    - unlockable hats, yes, hats

I hope you stick around, please give our channel a look also as it will track the progress of Roots.

Thanks for reading and please leave comments and critics both here and on youtube, feel free to subscribe as new content is uploaded weekly.

Roots theme music and menu preview:

Last edited: May 30, 2012
  2. DOCSKI_GAMES

DOCSKI_GAMES

third progress video for our multiplayer shooter, this update included:
    - vehicles [motorcycle, gun turrets]
    - rockets
    - grenades
    - synched physics

We would really love your comments, support, critique, subscriptions

3. brilliantgames

brilliantgames

Really impressive!

4. leonardarmstead

leonardarmstead

hey would you need another 3d modeler?

5. Aguy

Aguy

So I can blast the crap out of people but also get to do it wearing a fancy hat?
    Seriously curious about the hat thing.

6. Marrt

Marrt

How are you doing bullets?
    seems like some pass through the enemy without a hit, but its hard to tell from the videos frame rate

7. DOCSKI_GAMES

DOCSKI_GAMES

Yup, that's the idea, helmets, hats, and so on, they have to be really dramatic to be noticed from the camera distance. We wanted more customization but I don't think it'd be noticeable from such a view but you can change your armors color later on.

The bullets and hit detection are fine. I don't have the best PC, so making videos are a pain, maybe I'll upload another after adding some art assets and have my teammate record this time.

8. DOCSKI_GAMES

DOCSKI_GAMES

Ci-2 50cal sniper rifle

The Colonial sniper rifle iteration 2 was sent into field use shortly after the colonial army was established in 2515. The primary focus in its design was to create a snipe rifle that guaranteed 100% on target shots. Regardless of the range, the self-guided bullet always hits center cross-hair by tracking a laser, taking several atmospheric conditions into consideration, its major downfall is the trail left by such a bullet, making the weapon only used for extremely high priority targets where missing a shot isn't an option, this flaw is counteracted by the immense range a shot can be taken[over 2,000meters], where seeing a trail would only put enemies in a state of panic;

More info will be available in-game;

9. DOCSKI_GAMES

DOCSKI_GAMES

Roots Theme Music and menu preview

In this video we showcase the roots main theme music plus a preview of the menu being worked on. Written by a very talented composer, the roots theme music sets the tone for the backstory of the game despite the fact that the game is a shooter focusing on non-stop action.

follow the development on:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/teamINOV/videos
    http://www.indiedb.com/games/roots

Last edited: May 30, 2012
  10. DLGScript

DLGScript

Do you from israel XD?