Search Unity

Firefox performances

Discussion in 'Web' started by roka, May 10, 2018.

1. roka

roka

Hello,

Well, this problem has been present since a long time in firefox but with the release of the version 60 of Firefox, now if you have a low end computer, it's impossible for you to play on Firefox.

I explain : Most of us have a good computer and most of time we run all game at 60 FPS and then everything is fine. Now with a low end computer who run the game around 30/40 fps, on firefox we have a saccade/jerk movements.

I have made a quick stress demo https://www.asr-games.net/testing/FirefoxPerformance/

Even with a good computer , you can simulate a low end computer by stressing the application.
    Simply start it on firefox , press 2 in order to enable the stress, move and rotate in same time and be happy with the saccade/jerk.

You can only reproduce it below 60FPS
    The same demo work fine in chrome.
    I have tested on 2 computers and tested around 15 first person shooter games, the result is the same on firefox.
    You can have a preview of the next coming bug in firefox (black image/texture) if you test this demo on the Beta 61.0b3 (look the "Made With Unity" logo when the game load) ^^

I know that it's a firefox bug but the Unity staff should be able to contact them more quickly than us.

Please do not tell me to submit a bug report, a lot of us and myself have made some reports a year ago and it's still not fixed and like the amount of players who use firefox is so low for my game, then i don't care.

Thank you

Last edited: May 10, 2018
    grobonom likes this.
  2. jRocket

jRocket

Define "low end computer". I tested your link with an old core 2 duo(~10 years old) in firefox and I am getting 60 fps. If you really want to see whats going on, you can profile it on your low end device and see what's taking up the most cpu time.

3. roka

roka

Do you have tested on firefox and follow the instruction ? no !

You have tested a simple scene without any extra stuff on it and without following the instruction .....

Test this game https://www.war-attack.com or any other fps game with 10/16 players on your old core 2 duo and by using firefox and see what happen :)

I know how to profile my project ^^ I have tested a lot of webgl fps game and my 2 games are the most optimized fps games available at the moment. So i know on what i'm talking about ;)

Also, an another game have made an announcement this morning :

Last edited: May 10, 2018
    grobonom likes this.
  4. roka

roka

5. Marco-Trivellato

Marco-Trivellato

Unity Technologies

6. Marco-Trivellato

Marco-Trivellato

Unity Technologies

Mozilla confirmed the black image is a regression: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1461293

7. roka

roka

8. grobonom

grobonom

just got in there :))
    nice to learn things are movin forward !!!
    slooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooowly..... but movin :p