Search Unity

Firebase + Voxel Busters collide on build. Impossible to build app.

Discussion in 'Android' started by Cuicui_Studios, Jan 15, 2020.

1. Cuicui_Studios

Cuicui_Studios

Hi there guys,

We've spent the last week (and even more) trying to get a working build of our project. We are using Voxel Busters plugin for the local notifications and Firebase for much other stuff. Not that we are new to those plugins, the app is way over 2 years old and we've been using them for really long (I myself have built it several times over the last 4 months) but since we updated voxel busters we've been unable to get a working build.

After updating both Voxel Busters and Firebase, we've encountered the Program type already present error with the billing library, which we solved by not importing the billing part of the Voxel Busters plugin. Now we face a similar error but this time I can't find the source:
    I know it must be somewhere inside Voxel Busters plugin, but cannot find it. Do you guys know where it might be?

Also, whenever we get a "working build", app crashes on launch and we get the following error:
    Which is really weird, since we have updated Voxel Busters plugin and followed the steps to correctly save the settings.

We have followed many answers on stack overflow, unity forums and github with little to no success. Can you guys drop some knowledge on the subject?

[Edit]: We are using Unity v2018.4.2f1 and last versions of both plugins.

2. Cuicui_Studios

Cuicui_Studios

Hi there,
    We finally branched from a previous commit and gave up on updating Voxel Busters and Firebase at the same time. It simply was not worth the time.

3. anthodb

anthodb

Hello Cuicui_studioas, Did you find a solution for this ? Still having the issue on my side with conflicted libraries for Firebase + Voxelbusters.. We have spent many time on this already :

Error AndroidRuntime java.lang.IllegalAccessError: Class com.google.firebase.iid.zzb extended by class com.google.firebase.messaging.FirebaseMessagingService is inaccessible (declaration of 'com.google.firebase.messaging.FirebaseMessagingService' appears in /data/app/com.my.app-aKSffJb7Xx-tU1oAyFWBww==/base.apk)