Search Unity

Question Firebase and iOS => symbol(s) not found for architecture arm64

Discussion in 'iOS and tvOS' started by kikdu, Apr 20, 2021.

1. kikdu

kikdu

Hello,

I am building an iOS 14 app that uses Firebase (7.5.0) with Unity 2020. When launching into XCode (12.4), I get this compiling error :

Code (csharp):
    1. Undefined symbols for architecture arm64:
    3.   "_OBJC_CLASS_$_GKLocalPlayer", referenced from:
    5.       objc-class-ref in libFirebaseCppAuth.a(credential_ios_7e32949a14fe9694040ff5eed8d1b954.o)
    7. ld: symbol(s) not found for architecture arm64
    I tried everything ;

- uninstall / reinstall cocoapods
    - change the Firebase SDK version
    - open the .xcworkspace file instead of xcproject
    - add some libraries in the build phases and some entries in the build settings (other linker flags)

I still can't get it working...

Does someone have the good fix please ?

I am lost...

Thanks a lot

DungDajHjep likes this.
  2. mike6502

mike6502

Last edited: Apr 22, 2021
  3. kikdu

kikdu

Thank you very much !

Did you also modify the code of the class FIRGameCenterAuthProvider as mentioned in the issue ?

4. mike6502

mike6502

I only needed to add the GameKit.framework to get the build working locally. I was not successful, however, in getting Unity Cloud Builds to succeed.

I've rolled back to 7.0.2, and will try again with 7.2.0.

5. kikdu

kikdu

Where did you rollback the Firebase SDK version ? In the podfile ?

6. mike6502

mike6502

I meant that I went back to the entire SDK, 7.0.2. In my case, I always upgrade and test the latest Firebase SDKs in a git branch, so I was able to just reset the branch to the previous SDK.

I should note that I got 7.1.0 working in Unity Cloud Build. I already had a script to add entitlements for Push Notification and GameCenter, so was able to add a couple of lines to add the GameKit framework to the UnityFramework xcode project. Something like this (your entitlement script may look different):

Code (CSharp):
    2.         Debug.Log("[XcodeEntitlements] Embedding gamekit frameworks into UnityFramework target (REMOVE this patch with Firebase SDK update 7.2.0)");
    3.         string unityFrameworkTargetGUID = pbxProject.GetUnityFrameworkTargetGuid();
    4.         pbxProject.AddFrameworkToProject(unityFrameworkTargetGUID, "GameKit.framework", true);