Search Unity

Games "finished" my blackjack game

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by sdocy, Dec 19, 2017.

1. sdocy

sdocy

As part of learning Unity, I created a full-featured Black Jack game. No bells or whistles (yet), but it supports multiple splits and double-downs. I've uploaded it in webGL form to itch.io, I would love some feedback.

https://sdocy.itch.io/blackjack

stephen

2. kingius

kingius

Not bad, the mechanics are there. Not sure about a black screen though, what about showing that the cards are dealt onto a table? Also the cards I held were at the top of the screen, and maybe I've been conditioned by Hearthstone, Mtg etc but it would feel more natural to me if they were at the bottom and the dealer was at the top

3. sdocy

sdocy

Thanks for the feedback.

Yeah, the screen is a bit boring, but I'll work on sprucing it up. I actually have some ideas for the game beyond just being a blackjack game so I'll have to see where that takes me and what type of setting makes sense while playing.

I see what you mean about the card position. I did it this way so there would be room to add split lines below the player's initial card line. But maybe it would feel more natural if I had the dealer line at the very top, the player line right underneath it on the second line, and then split lines could go down to the bottom of the screen. It shouldn't be too difficult to play around with so I'll see how it looks.

Thanks again for playing.