Search Unity

FindMainCamera from Profiler.CollectUIStats

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BeyondMASC, May 21, 2020.

1. BeyondMASC

BeyondMASC

Hi,

The question is;

This particular process is only generated for profiler purpose or I need to fix it?

Because those calls increase proportionally with the number of UI elements shown on screen.

Thanks, cheers!

Find Main Camera in PROFILER.png

2. MartinTilo

MartinTilo

Unity Technologies

This is only generated when one of the UI Profiler Modules is active. You can disable these modules in the ProfilerWindow or call Profiler.SetAreaActive(ProfilerArea.UI, false) and Profiler.SetAreaActive(ProfilerArea.UIDetails, false) to avoid this overhead.

Although I do have to admit that >1ms per FindMainCamera is a bit crazy. Do you happen to have multiple cameras or some other GameObjects tagged as MainCamera?

BeyondMASC likes this.
  3. BeyondMASC

BeyondMASC

Thanks for your response.
    By your answer I definitely will need to look for something wrong somewhere.
    Appreciated.
    God bless.

4. MartinTilo

MartinTilo

Unity Technologies

Just to be clear, as long as you don't use Camera.main anywhere you're likely gonna be fine. I'm not sure why the UI Profiler would call it 17 times unless there's 17 canvases and even then I'd assume it could cache the one main camera. So you might want to file a bug report for that (and ping the issue I'd here)
    But as a workaround, disabling the UI Profiler Modules should get you profiler results without that overhead and it won't be there in release builds either.

BeyondMASC likes this.