Search Unity

Finding VR Eye Position (including lens distance offset) - holographic sight

Discussion in 'AR/VR (XR) Discussion' started by wirelessdreamer, Mar 20, 2017.

1. wirelessdreamer

wirelessdreamer

I'm working on build a holographic sight, I need to be able to know the exact location of the players eyes to do the math on it properly. I found a reference to: UnityEngine.VR.InputTracking.GetLocalPosition(VRNode.RightEye) but when I draw it for testing, the line does not originate from my head.

Debug.DrawLine(UnityEngine.VR.InputTracking.GetLocalPosition(VRNode.RightEye), zeroLocation, Color.green);

What object can I use to get the location of the left and right eyes, seperately, and accurately.

Thanks

2. OutOfRam

OutOfRam

I realize this is a year late and you probably have since either solved the issue or given up, but in the interest of helping out those who may need this in the future(and because I my self just spent the better part of a week trying to figure this out). The answer is actually not that complicated:

Make sure first that you have the following up with your using statments:

using Valve.VR;

then in your code simply use:

OpenVR.System.GetEyeToHeadTransform(EVREye.Eye_Right).m3;

This will give you the position of the right eyes camera relative to the headset. for the left eye simply change EVREye.Eye_Right to EVREye.Eye_Left. from there you can subtract the two to get total distance, or you can use the headsets position + eye position to get the eyes real world position etc...

I hope this helps!