Search Unity

Finding license key

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by baylor, Mar 13, 2010.

1. baylor

baylor

We have Unity Indie on a laptop and are now trying to install it on a new PC but can't seem to activate it

We install, get sent to the register screen, enter the email address used previously and hit the big button marked Free with no luck (nothing seems to happen). Hit Pro Trial and still no luck. Try registering with a new email account and no luck. Switch from Firefox to IE and no luck

So something goofy is going wrong and it's probably our fault. But i don't know how to make that registration page work. Plan B was to manually enter a serial number. Presumably the copy installed on the laptop has one but i can't find it. It's not in the Help ->About or Help->Activate menus and i don't see a file on disk for it. Did a search on the forum and didn't see an answer (although i might have just used the wrong search terms). We searched our email looking for a license key sent to us from Unity but i don't think they actually do that. If they do, we can't find it

Is there a place i can find out what my license key is? Or some alternate way of activating this copy that the evil computer gods in our basement won't thwart?

2. ColossalDuck

ColossalDuck

Could be that the Unity servers are overloaded, which would be very odd indeed. I would try again in a couple of hours!

3. Don-Gray

Don-Gray

Is there anything in Unity Indie that isn't in Unity Free?
    I thought they were the same thing now.
    My guess is they no longer allow registering of the previous Unity Indie.

4. andeeeee

andeeeee

Unity Indie and Unity Free are one and the same, and the official name now is just Unity for that product and Unity Pro for the paid upgrade.

For all licensing issues, contact support@unity3d.com - they will be happy to sort you out.