Search Unity

Finding a good service as back-end for an online game

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by Suduckgames, Sep 2, 2019.

1. Suduckgames

Suduckgames

Hi there everyone! I am developing my next (mobile) game and since the core gameplay concept is almost done I will like to jump to the next level and make it online. I will like to store the player information ( player level, unlocked weapons, IAP made. ...etc) along with guilds, events... basically a database.

I have been working on APIs and stuff for normals apps so I have some experience at it, but as a one-man developing the game, I think that taking care of servers locations, server communication, API security... etc can consume a lot of time so I am looking for a service that takes care of it.

My main concerns about that service are:
    • It should have at least, a data center in Europe and a data center in EEUU (It is difficult to find this kind of information). I will like to give my players a good latency but having only one data center will increase the ping over the globe for too much
    • I need to be able to make some logic on the back end server, making the important logic on the client will help the hackers to find ways to cheat

However, after looking for several options I am unable to find something that just acts as a back-end service,
    for example:

Firebase real-database seems to work better with something like a blog, or a review system, It seems like it will cost a lot of resources since the database will be updated with each player interaction.

MultiPlay, GameSpark, Photon, and Google App Engine seems good but they are more oriented to real-time multiplayer rather than a database, so it is an overkill solution for my needs

PlayFab seems to be somehow the correct way, but I have read that it is not a good idea for guilds based games.

Is any service that I am missing? What do you guys think is the correct way to handle this option.

Thank very much and sorry for the long post

2. Vancete

Vancete

Find a cloud parse server provider ;)

Suduckgames likes this.
  3. Suduckgames

Suduckgames

Thank you for the reply I never heard of it, I will take a look at it

4. g_a_p

g_a_p

Suduckgames likes this.