Search Unity

Unity's version control component has been upgraded to Plastic SCM.

Find the file collab says is modified

Discussion in 'Unity Collaborate' started by jwvanderbeck, Oct 3, 2019.

1. jwvanderbeck

jwvanderbeck

As best I can tell in Collab v2 there is no way to locate a file listed in the change list. For example I just fetched the latest and I haven't made any changes yet. But collab says that I've made changes to "collabignore,txt" which I know I haven't but whatever. Where is that file? There is no mechanism for locating it.

This seems like functionality that should exist, no?

NOTE: I'm not talking about this specific file but a deficiency in general. Since apparently Collab will look at files that are OUTSIDE of Assets/, it really should have away other than the Project view filter to find files it is including.

2. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

Hi @jwvanderbeck, you're correct that it would be great if the Project browser could allow us to view folders outside of the Assets folder, but that is a current limitation of Unity that we can't work around.

The collabignore.txt file is the backup of your old .collabignore file after you upgraded from v1.2 to v2.0 of Collab. You can find both files in the root folder of your project. In the Collab Toolbar, the reason you didn't see where the ignore files were located is because the relative path that was displayed underneath their filename is relative to the project's root folder. So you only saw "collabignore.txt" instead of "<ProjectFolder>/collabignore.txt".

3. jwvanderbeck

jwvanderbeck

Can't a "View File In <os explorer>" option be included?