Search Unity

Find References 2 - A powerful asset reference management tool

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by thienhaflash, Mar 26, 2016.

1. profuzzy

profuzzy

I came to inform you that your product' pages google drive links are dead.

2. NintenjoSumo

NintenjoSumo

Firstly .. I love your tool! I've been using it for a number of years at a number of different companies and to me has become a necessity to use it to organise, clean up and maintain a large unity project such as ours..

The tools seems to be great for finding 'assets' that are linked by GUID but I wondered if you had considered extending it to work with finding scripts/text files contents ..

Assets within scripts are always hard to find. But often coders love to reference an asset by its 'name' or its 'GUID' in a script and reference finder cant find those. While you can easily see if a script is being used in a specific scene / prefab.. it would be great if it could identify links to scripts that share functions in the same namespace for example .. these are hard to find and remove safely from a project but also vital to keeping a tidy workspace? (You would need to read the contents of each script file and build some kind of dictionary of functions and namespaces to somehow link them?)

That way you can safely remove a script knowing that no other scripts were referencing functions in its namespace and won't break your project?

vietlab likes this.
  3. FrancisTrebuchet

FrancisTrebuchet

Hello, I just upgraded to FindReference2 to version 2.5.2 and now it's extremely slow to start compared to version 2.5. If I enable it in my large project it takes over an hour to start, so I went back to version 2.5 for now since even in the large project it takes less than a minute to start.

4. Orion

Orion

Great tool!
    However, when I ignore some files (e.g. the sprite atlas folder), it will still include them in the usage count number next to other files (sprites in this case), making it very confusing (since it then, of course, doesn't show what's using them).
    Could you please exclude ignored files from the count?

5. rubeng

rubeng

Hi, has there been any development or new information regarding support for references to subassets?

Our main use case is references to particular sprites in a spritesheet.

Also as a separate question, is it possible and does it make any sense, to be able to add indirect dependencies via an api or some other way?

Right now I would like to have an asset that is used as a direct reference, but that has some configuration inside like name and assetbundle name, that would let you request another asset to be loaded on demand and I would love if there was some way to give that extra dependency info to FR2

Thanks for everything and love the asset it makes working with unity SO much better.

Rubén

6. amynox

amynox

Hi Dear,

After upgrading our project to Unity 2020.3.0f1 LTS (URP 10.3.2), FR2 start to fire repetitive warning, here is a screenshot of what happening :

All the warnings are pointing to the same line of code. Any help or asset update will be much appreciated.