Search Unity

Find Pro - Solution of Find missing references & Find asset references [RELEASED]

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by robinwood, Dec 2, 2015.

1. robinwood

robinwood

Last edited: Jun 2, 2016
    johanneskopf and theANMATOR2b like this.
  2. TurboNuke

TurboNuke

Hi,
    I purchased this for a specific reason - to find references of my own assets, which are derived from ScriptableObject. Sadly I failed to read the instructions fully before purchasing, and I find these objects aren't supported.
    Do you have any plans to add support for ScriptableObjects?
    Thanks.

3. robinwood

robinwood

I have finished this feature in the new version 1.1.0. And I'm waiting to be approved by Unity, it may take 1-2 weeks.
    Could you send an email to me so that i can send the newest version to you?
    My email: support@tiinoo.com

Last edited: Mar 6, 2016
  4. Mazak

Mazak

Conflict with DOTween

TargetType

5. robinwood

robinwood

Sorry for that. I have fixed this in version 1.1.1 and committed in Asset Store. You can update to this version.

6. TheWarper

TheWarper

Thanks! This is a great tool I wish Unity built in from the start. That'd be great if you could also select StateMachineBehaviours and find which AnimatorControllers are using them, even more so if it could highlight the states inside of the Animator window. Anyhow, thanks again!

7. robinwood

robinwood

I have added your feature request into roadmap of Find Pro, and will implement this in the future version.
    http://www.tiinoo.com/find-pro-roadmap

Last edited: Mar 28, 2016
    TheWarper likes this.
  8. TheWarper

TheWarper

Awesome! Thank you!

9. andymakesthings

andymakesthings

Getting errors with findpro 1.5 in unity 5.3.4p1.

Assets/Tiinoo/TiinooShared/Editor/Helpers/TnSceneHelper.cs(32,56): error CS0117: `SceneManager' does not contain a definition for `GetSceneByPath'
    Assets/Tiinoo/TiinooShared/Editor/Helpers/TnSceneHelper.cs(33,58): error CS0117: `SceneManager' does not contain a definition for `GetActiveScene'
    Assets/Tiinoo/TiinooShared/Editor/Helpers/TnSceneHelper.cs(41,46): error CS0117: `SceneManager' does not contain a definition for `SetActiveScene'
    Assets/Tiinoo/TiinooShared/Editor/Helpers/TnSceneHelper.cs(45,50): error CS0117: `SceneManager' does not contain a definition for `sceneCount'
    Assets/Tiinoo/TiinooShared/Editor/Helpers/TnSceneHelper.cs(48,54): error CS0117: `SceneManager' does not contain a definition for `SetActiveScene'
    Assets/Tiinoo/TiinooShared/Editor/Helpers/TnSceneHelper.cs(64,58): error CS0117: `SceneManager' does not contain a definition for `GetActiveScene'
    Assets/Tiinoo/TiinooShared/Editor/Helpers/TnSceneHelper.cs(66,58): error CS0117: `SceneManager' does not contain a definition for `sceneCount'
    Assets/Tiinoo/TiinooShared/Editor/Helpers/TnSceneHelper.cs(68,60): error CS0117: `SceneManager' does not contain a definition for `GetSceneAt'
    Assets/Tiinoo/TiinooShared/Editor/Helpers/TnSceneHelper.cs(114,45): error CS0117: `SceneManager' does not contain a definition for `GetActiveScene'

10. robinwood

robinwood

Sorry for this, i will check it as soon as possible.

Btw, could you send an email to me? So that i can send you a copy of new version when i fix this. As you know, it will take 1-2 weeks to be apporved by unity asset store. And i don't want to keep you waiting for so long.

Last edited: May 11, 2016
  11. robinwood

robinwood

Hi, version 1.6 will be finished recently. Sorry for replying to you for so long time.

Feature of version 1.6
    - Supports searching StateMachineBehaviour in xxx.controller

Could you send an email to me? So that i can send you a copy of new version when i finish this. As you know, it will take 1-2 weeks to be apporved by unity asset store. And i don't want to keep you waiting for so long.

TheWarper likes this.
  12. mdrotar

mdrotar

@robinwood Find Pro appears to be "deprecated" on the asset store right now. Is this a mistake?

13. robinwood

robinwood

This is caused by an unexpected thing. Sorry for that!
    But don't worry, i will submit a new one. Maybe its name will be changed to Finders.
    And i will add more features in Finders.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2016
  14. mcmorry

mcmorry

Any news on this?
    Find pro is very useful and would be nice to see it updated and maintained.

15. robinwood

robinwood

Yes, I'm working on adding the feature of searching StatMachineBehaviour in AnimatorControllers.
    I will try to submit it this weekend if i could. And it may take 1-2 weeks to be approved by the Asset Store.
    Sorry for being so late. I will post the link of it here when it is ready on Asset Store.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2016
  16. mcmorry

mcmorry

Nice, in the meantime I bought another plugin that is very good too and does all what I need.
    Cheers.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2016
  17. image28

image28

Did you ever manage to get that release done?

18. codestage

codestage

Just in case, next Maintainer update will have a feature allowing you to check where specific file is used in the project.
    This is a top priority (except bug fixes) for me now since lots of customers asked about this and since I often feeling a lack of this feature myself.