Search Unity

Find collaborators for a game.

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by Baroquedecay, Mar 10, 2019.

1. Baroquedecay

Baroquedecay

Hi, here Fran from Baroque Decay Games. This forum is huge, I'm a bit lost. Could anyone tell me what section is the best to find collaborators to make a game?

Thanks in advance! (´。• ω •。`)

2. Baroquedecay

Baroquedecay

(# ̄ω ̄) hello?

3. BrewNCode

BrewNCode

Hello @Baroquedecay I would think in the "General" section are people who are more knowledgable and confident in their skills. Also, check for the unity discords. The Unity Developer Community channel ;)

4. Baroquedecay

Baroquedecay

So, there is no specific place to find collaborations. That's weird. I will do what you suggest, thanks a lot for the reply.

5. JoeStrout

JoeStrout

Perhaps that's because collaborations like you have in mind almost never work out. Everybody with any skills also has a long list of their own ideas they'd like to develop. If you want somebody to work on your ideas, you'll probably have to pay them a decent hourly rate. And there is a specific place for that (Unity Connect).

Joe-Censored and Ryiah like this.
  6. Baroquedecay

Baroquedecay

Thanks for the reply. Sure, I totally understand that. But I have to admit that I made always sucessfull collaborations with no payments involved. As we seek a non professional collaboration, and not offering a job. But maybe is an exception. Thanks for the tip, I will also check Uinty Connect ;)

7. Daryn-Flannery

Daryn-Flannery

I was wondering the same question as the OP.

I run some ads on Kijiji.ca; and the next day I found a well experienced person from my city, who wanted to join my team. And did end up joining my team. At an education level for now. As we all need about another 3 years before thinking about an actual marketed game project.

So far, I have 3 friends and team members. I could use another 2-3 people within the next 3 years. Collaborate.