Search Unity

Financial literacy plugin/tool?

Discussion in 'Formats & External Tools' started by OrderOfOut, Oct 25, 2021.

1. OrderOfOut

OrderOfOut

Hey,

We have a client interested in making a financial literacy game of some kind. The details aren't forthcoming yet, but I've been told to look into tools or plugins for Unity that would allow accessing your bank account from within a game. Google isn't returning anything useful, so I was wondering if there's anything out there that can do this? Or is it too much of a shady security issue?

(FWIW, a hard "no" is fine -- it will make my report much simpler)

2. kdgalla

kdgalla

For security reasons, I doubt if such a thing exists in any form, but even if it did, it's extremely unlikely it would be on the Unity Asset Store, because there'd be nothing specific to Unity about this whatsoever.

3. OrderOfOut

OrderOfOut

Huh, That's what I suspected. I guess we'll have to get a back end developer to make something connecting to various bank APIs.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2021
  4. kdgalla

kdgalla

There maybe products out there, but it's not something the typical Unity user would use. I imagine you'll get much better search results if you omit Unity from the search terms. This is more the domain of people who develop business/enterprise software.

5. arfish

arfish