Search Unity

Finally, our first Unity game for BB 10 is complete :)

Discussion in 'BlackBerry' started by PuneetK, Nov 6, 2013.

1. PuneetK

PuneetK

Hey guys, before even saying anything about our game, I would like to thank everyone here at the Blackberry 10 support forum for Unity, as you guys really made developing for BB 10 a lot easier, especially as it's just the latest addition to Unity.Thanks a lot :)

So, our game- Pastry Push.

It's a very simple Swipe to Slide puzzle/strategy game =D

$217652d1383674446t-pastry-push-launching-exclusively-blackberry-10-tomorrow-featured.png

I don't want to say too much about it, there's loads of info available in the following locations:

Official website: Pastry Push | ReFOCUS LABS
    Appworld Download link: Pastry Push - BlackBerry World
    BBM Channel: C00147102
    Crackberry video review: Your attention is required - Check out Pastry Push for BlackBerry 10 | CrackBerry.com
    Berryreview video review

The game is aptly priced at a dollar.

So what are my fellow BB10 unity devs working on right now? Did any of you release your games yet?

Last edited: Nov 6, 2013
  2. AlexThibodeau

AlexThibodeau

Unity Technologies

Congratulations! Looks like a fun game from the review. :D

3. WaterlooErik

WaterlooErik

Awesome stuff! Are you targeting the Gamepad or Built-For-BlackBerry program at all? I definitely see a lot of the pieces you'd need for BFB already in place. Let me know if you want to chat further about it.

Also, if yourself (or any other Unity devs) release a game and want to write a guest blog post for our DevBlog about your experiences, the development cycle, tips for other developers, and so forth, fire me an email and we can get something going. The main goal is to shine some more light on you and your applications.

In any case, great work!

4. PuneetK

PuneetK

Thanks Eric! Sent you an email regarding the same :)

5. Tomo-Games

Tomo-Games

Hi All. I'm an Indie game developer for Tomo Games. I manually pushed Greedy Ducks Live on BlackBerry World just hours ago.

Greedy Ducks is a 3D action game shown in the 1st person perspective where the goal is to feed the baby yellow ducks a given number of breadcrumbs. The greedy ducks will try to interfere and steal from your bread count. The game can be played in Portrait using the accelerometer to look around and flick bread just using your thumb or you can use 2 hands in Landscape with a virtual joypad (see options). You can also tap the ducks on the screen to direct Mother Duck attacks or to free babies if they are dizzy. The game is free to demo with 20 levels of play for .99 cents using BlackBerry's Unity IAP Plugin.

$Front_Banner_640x480.png

Things to note about going live:
    The release date is showing my approval date. Plus I had selected 4 devices Z10, Q10, Z30, Q5 for the push but only the Q10 and Z10 are showing up in the store.

http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/36486889/

http://www.tomogames.com

All the best,
    Tom

6. PuneetK

PuneetK

Nice game! I believe this is an iOS/Android port right?

7. WaterlooErik

WaterlooErik

Hi Tom, just gave it a try, fun game! I checked the status of the releases and on ly the Q10 and Z10 are mentioned. It might be best to reach out to the Vendor Portal team to get their aid in ensuring it is listed for all devices. Best way to do this is to reach out here:
    http://developer.blackberry.com/blackberryworld/vendor_support.html

Same offer, if you want to write-up a guest blog post to shine some more light on your game through our DevBlog, fire me an email :)

PuneetK, I'll be sending you the results of the gamepad / Built For BlackBerry pre-screening shortly.

8. Tomo-Games

Tomo-Games

Hi Erik thanks. I met you guys at Casual Connect in SF which sold me on getting onboard with BlackBerry. I don't have one of those fancy controllers to test the gamepad support. Note I had attempted to use a wii remote with a Z10. I had pressed both A and B to sync with bluetooth but the four flashing lights continue to blink. The phone thinks everything is paired however it is obviously not as the controller turns off after a few moments later. I replaced the batteries to be sure. The wii remote comes up as Nintendo RVL-CNT-01 in bluetooth if that helps.

9. WaterlooErik

WaterlooErik

Add the gamepad keyword to your submission in BlackBerry World, submit as a draft, and our system will pick it up. From there, we'll send you instructions on how to receive a MOGA Pro and SteelSeries Free at no charge :) Easy as that!
    http://devblog.blackberry.com/2013/09/gamepad-support-rewards/

There are limited supplies, but as far as I know the program is still open.

10. dberroa

dberroa

Last edited: Nov 9, 2013
  11. PuneetK

PuneetK

Hello everyone,

Just wanted to announce that Pastry Push has been accepted in the gamepad ready category :)

We also launched a new Gameplay Trailer for Pastry Push:

If any of you need any help integrating gamepad support with your BB10 games, feel free to ask me, as I know it's not as easy as it seems (Especially for the menus) but have worked many sleepless nights to work it out!

Hope I can be of use to anyone here on the forums :)

12. dberroa

dberroa

Random question, how did you go about getting a crackberry review?

13. dberroa

dberroa