Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Final resolution

Discussion in 'Immediate Mode GUI (IMGUI)' started by pBarrelas, Feb 9, 2008.

1. pBarrelas

pBarrelas

Is it possible to set the final resolution to be always full screen? I don't want to give the user the option of the resolution and quality because settings. I'm experimenting to use it inside Adobe Director. This way the resolution would always be adapted to the user's screen.

2. noradninja

noradninja

What you could do and I have done with the Web Player, is set the fullscreen output resolution to something really high (like 1920x1200); this way, if fullscreen is enabled, the monitor will automatically switch to the max resolution of the user's display. I suppose you could do something similar to the resolution in the non-fullscreen view; I think (but am not sure) that it would scale down if the screen resolution is not high enough to support it.

3. pBarrelas

pBarrelas

So if I set the screen resolution to a really high number, like you suggested, it will always adapt to the resolution the user's monitor settings?

4. noradninja

noradninja

WHat it will do is, in fullscreen mode, it will force the display to switch to the highest resolution the user's monitor can handle. Wether this is a good idea or not totally depends on the load your game or project puts on their system.

5. pBarrelas

pBarrelas

Thanks noradninja, do you know of any way to turn of the welcome screen? I want the user to click on the exe and the application will start immediately.

6. noradninja

noradninja

7. Eric5h5

Eric5h5

Volunteer Moderator Moderator

File -> Project Settings -> Player, then set Display Resolution Dialog to disabled.

--Eric

8. pBarrelas

pBarrelas

Hey, thanks a lot Eric5h5!!