Search Unity

Showcase Final Gun - A Multiplayer Top-Down Shooter Game

Discussion in 'Netcode for GameObjects' started by afavar, Mar 29, 2023.

1. afavar

afavar

Hi everyone!

Final Gun is a free multiplayer top-down shooter game where you engage in an epic arms race up to 4 players.

The game was co-developed with a friend of mine over the course of a month, and it's just the beginning of our journey into larger multiplayer projects. We wanted to test out Netcode as our network solution and see how it performs alongside the facepunch Steam transport.

You can get the Early Access version for free on Steam:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/2346180/Final_Gun

We'll be regularly updating Final Gun with new maps, weapons, and game modes to keep the gameplay fresh and engaging.

Any feedback is appreciated and feel free to ask any questions.

lavagoatGG, cerestorm and Mao-tun like this.
  2. codeBatt

codeBatt

How did you damage other characters, I am using raycast system to shoot, should I make it a ServerRpc() for damaging other player, or what can be used?

3. afavar

afavar

After detecting a successful hit, client calls the GiveDamageServerRpc() and the server decreases the health. Each shootable gameobject has a IShootable interface which implements TakeDamage function. The ServerRpc is called inside that function by the shooting client. You can use the ServerRpcParams to find out who is the shooter and use this information for things like kill notifications.

Mao-tun and codeBatt like this.