Search Unity

Filtering an event with two attribute

Discussion in 'Unity Analytics' started by chouchangke525, Nov 4, 2015.

1. chouchangke525

chouchangke525

Is there a way to filter the event by two event attributes? For example, my event is purchase. It has two attribute, circle_number and item_name. I want to know how many people purchase item_1 in circle 3. Is there a way to do that? I know funnel can help me to do some kind of AND logic, but it is kind of not realistic to put these into a funnel. What kind of ways do you suggest?

2. mpinol

mpinol

Hi @chouchangke525,

Without knowing too much about your particular use case, I would recommend creating a Custom Segment that is filled with players when they become a part of a particular circle. This way you would be able to use the 'View Parameters' section of the Data Explorer to view only users in that segment who also purchased a particular item. I highlighted the Custom Segment selector in the image below.

I hope this helps! Screen Shot 2015-11-04 at 3.37.16 PM.png

3. chouchangke525

chouchangke525

Thanks @mpinol .
    I did think about this way. But it is actually filtering the users, not the events, correct? If one user purchase item 1 in circle 1 and then item 2 in circle 2. Using the custom segment cannot help me to filter away this user, but I do want to filter away one event...

4. mpinol

mpinol

@chouchangke525,

Yes, creating a Custom Segment would filter all of the users who had sent that particular Custom Event. Would you mind giving me some more information on your use case, it might help me get a better idea of a possible solution for you? What is a Circle as it pertains your game?

Also, Custom Segments also have a 'AND' kind of logic, that is called 'ALL' on the Dashboard, that you also might be able to make use of. Screen Shot 2015-11-05 at 3.50.14 PM.png

5. chouchangke525

chouchangke525

@mpinol
    Thank you very much for your help. Will segment take effect only after it get created like funnel does? Or it can select users even before it is created?

6. mpinol

mpinol

@chouchangke525,
    Segments behave like funnels, where they will only fill with users who have sent the appropriate event conditions after they have been created.