Search Unity

"Filter Noise On Current" Option Not Working (DualShock vs Xbox Controller)

Discussion in 'Input System' started by Eorix, May 30, 2021.

1. Eorix

Eorix

Hi everyone !

I have this little issue that i can't solve, when the "Filter Noise On Current" option is enabled under the settings of the Input System (Project settings -> Input System Package -> Filter Noise On Current), dualshock controllers are still winning for the fight of the current gamepad against other controllers, such as Xbox ones. Now, i know this is due to a constant stream of informations coming from the dualshock's gyro, but i thought this option would fix it, any idea(s) ?

In case you'd like to see the code, there it is :

Code (CSharp):
    2. private void Update() // --> Just for testing purpose of course ^_^, this is not recommanded.
    3. {
    4.     var currentGamepad = Gamepad.current;
    6.     if(currentGamepad is UnityEngine.InputSystem.XInput.XInputController)
    7.     {
    8.         Debug.Log("Xbox");
    9.     }
    10.     else if(currentGamepad is UnityEngine.InputSystem.DualShock.DualShockGamepad)
    11.     {
    12.         Debug.Log("Playstation");
    13.     }
    14. }
    With this code "Playstation" is printed every frame in the console except when i send input from the xbox controller (like pressing a button or something), it gives me a few "Xbox" and then comes back to "Playstation".

Thank you in advance for your time and support !

Last edited: May 30, 2021
  2. ZingZangGames

ZingZangGames

This is still not fixed..

3. Eorix

Eorix

Thank you for your reply, at least i was not stupid about this ^_^
    I asked the same question on another forum but no answer, the only information that I have is that it's apperently working with the PlayerInput component. Haven't tried yet though.

4. ZingZangGames

ZingZangGames

I tried it with the playerinput and even remade the playerinput (multiple playerinputs in one scene breaks the complete input) to support more than one a scene myself. Would be nice if they'd fix it :D

Eorix likes this.