Search Unity

FileNotFoundException in Burst 1.1.2

Discussion in 'Burst' started by Yandalf, Oct 23, 2019.

1. Yandalf

Yandalf

Hey everyone!

I just started out experimenting with the Job System but run into a weird problem when updating a few packages. Right now I'm using Unity 2019.1.0f2 and have installed:
    Burst 1.1.2
    Collections 0.1.1
    Entities 0.1.1
    Jobs 0.1.1
    Mathematics 1.1.0

When I try to run my code (a very simple JobParallelFor with BurstCompile enabled) I get the following error:

Unexpected exception System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'Smash, Version=0.3.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies.
    File name: 'Smash, Version=0.3.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'
    at Burst.Compiler.IL.Jit.JitCompiler.CompileMethod (Mono.Cecil.MethodReference methodReference, Burst.Compiler.IL.Jit.JitOptions jitOptions) [0x000bb] in <bbb9a8f1ad8e40f882ae7118e307be8e>:0
    at Burst.Compiler.IL.Jit.JitCompilerService.Compile (Burst.Compiler.IL.Jit.JitCompilerService+CompileJob job) [0x002c6] in <bbb9a8f1ad8e40f882ae7118e307be8e>:0

Anything I'm missing here?
    Edit: This seems to not be exclusive to Burst 1.1.2, I've just tried every release version of Burst and the error persists.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2019
  2. sheredom

sheredom

Unity Technologies

Can I check whether you tried restarting Unity after updating to the version? We have a rather annoying (and hard to fix) problem where a package manager update of Burst can cause this, and a restart is the only current fix.

We are working on a real fix though, but if you could confirm whether that fixed it or not first that'd be braw!

3. Yandalf

Yandalf

Hey Sheredom!

I should've tried that, it indeed fixes the issue. Glad to hear Unity is aware of the problem and working on a fix!

sheredom likes this.