Search Unity

File storage.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by WarpedAxiom, Mar 18, 2007.

1. WarpedAxiom

WarpedAxiom

I'm about done enough to release things I've made unto the (hapless and unwary) general public. But I realized, I couldn't figure out any good way of doing so. Is there an online file storage I could use to distribute my creations?

2. AaronC

AaronC

rapidshare.com (a bit painful but good)
    filefront.com

maybe a google for file hosting services? Looking forward to seeing your work..
    AC

3. WarpedAxiom

WarpedAxiom

Nah, this looks promising. Thanks for the help.
    Expect some sort of demo soon.
    Very soon.

4. poetbeware

poetbeware

There is also archive.org, which will let people download your stuff without having to deal with ads or logins and things.

5. MatthewW

MatthewW

You can get a Dreamhost web hosting account for $2.50/month with a promo code. Plenty of storage, 2TB/month quota, bunch of 1-click software installs...

6. dan

dan

Yeah, I like Dreamhost. I've been hosting with them for almost 2 years. They let you make your own promo code to offer discounts and you can get a commission for people you refer. I've made a bit of money off a couple people on mailing lists by giving out the promo code: MIMESTERS. It'll get you $50 off any 1 or 2 year hosting plan. If you google around you can probably find better promo codes too.

Hopefully that doesn't sound too much like spam... :wink: