Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice
Unity's version control component has been upgraded to Plastic SCM.

File Missing Error on a File that was never in the project

Discussion in 'Unity Collaborate' started by Atoes, Apr 8, 2017.

1. Atoes

Atoes

So the issue is that the Collab isn't letting me push my changes because it says i'm missing a file called EnivronmentDesign.meta which we got rid of a long time ago, yet Collab is still looking for it. What is causing this sort of issue?

Last edited: Apr 8, 2017
  2. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

Hi @Atoes! I'm sorry that you're running into this issue. This can happen when the meta file gets separated from the asset that it's tied to during the commit, something that happens behind-the-scenes. The easiest way to potentially run into this is cancelling a large commit that has been broken up into smaller batches (~5000 files per batch) but there are other less common ways this can happen too. We're actively looking into a fix for this one.

In the meantime, the best way to get unblocked is by adding the EnvironmentDesign asset back in the same place it used to be, even if you're just creating a new one with the same name. Unity will create a new meta file for it. Push the added file, which will replace the server's copy of that meta file with the latest one. Then delete the asset again. That should remove the error for you. Let me know if that solves your issue and sorry again that you ran into this annoying little bug.