Search Unity

1. Unity 2019.1 beta is now available.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Unity Pro & Visual Studio Professional Bundle gives you the tools you need to develop faster & collaborate more efficiently. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We're looking for insight from anyone who has experience with game testing to help us better Unity. Take our survey here. If chosen to participate you'll be entered into a sweepstake to win an Amazon gift card.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Want to provide direct feedback to the Unity team? Join the Unity Advisory Panel.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Unity 2018.3 is now released.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Improve your Unity skills with a certified instructor in a private, interactive classroom. Watch the overview now.
    Dismiss Notice

File is Missing bug

Discussion in 'Unity Collaborate' started by sxnorthrop, Nov 19, 2016.

1. sxnorthrop

sxnorthrop

My friend and I have been having a lot of hassle with unity collaborate lately.

Whenever he tries to push a change, everything goes haywire, but when I do it works just fine.

Currently, I won't be able to express the other issues until I see them again, as they're hard to explain.

I've made a quick video showing the current issue I'm having and I was hoping you guys could be of assistance.

Thank you!

Last edited: Nov 19, 2016
  2. holliebuckets

holliebuckets

Hi @sxnorthrop THAT is painful to watch :( im so sorry.
    Could you please submit a bug so I can take a look at your editor.logs? Try it again so the errors are in the logs, then submit and ping me back the case #.

It looks like you "Choose Mine" ing everything, so a work around after you submit the bug would be to throw away your Collab Snapshot file.
    Exit Unity.
    Delete the snapshot:
    [Project Folder]/Library/Collab/CollabSnapshot_xxxxxxxxxxx.txt
    Open Unity/your project
    You will then push/Publish your changes to the server. NOTE: whatever is on your machine will be pushed to the server if you do this so just make sure thats what you want.

Your other option, if you want what is on the Server to be on you local disc is to delete the project from your local disc and redownload it from In The Cloud.

3. sxnorthrop

sxnorthrop

No problem, I know you guys are working really hard and my friends and I appreciate it a lot. I will most certainly submit a bug report as soon as possible. Thank you for the quick reply!

holliebuckets likes this.
  4. holliebuckets

holliebuckets

thank you!

5. fourthWallArtist

fourthWallArtist

I am having a similar problem. Mine is red with exclamation marks and it won't let me choose anything, it just says file is missing. What is the problem?

6. ryanc-unity

ryanc-unity

Unity Technologies

Hi @fourthWallArtist! That error typically means that a file was removed or moved unexpectedly. In your Editor log you should see the "File is Missing" error message along with the full file path of the file that's missing. If you can put that file back where it should be then the error should disappear. If you're still running into issues with it then please get in touch with our Support team.