Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Feedback Figure: math...for humans

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by acr1378, Nov 11, 2019.

1. acr1378

acr1378

This project is a bit outside of the box for a typical Unity project...we would love your feedback!

What is Figure?
    Figure is an interactive algebra tool that brings 21st century learning to the classroom. It makes math come to life in a way that stimulates students' right-brain thinking. In this day and age, students are more excited by their technological devices than a pencil and paper–Figure brings algebra to the forefront of technology, reducing math anxiety and making math FUN! With Figure, teachers can lead a collaborative approach to all concepts ranging from Pre-Algebra, Algebra 1, Algebra 2, Physics Concepts, and even graphing complicated functions.

With an intuitive drag-and-drop system, students can explore equations without fear of making mistakes:

Figure's sophisticated math engine takes students from basic Arithmetic through Algebra I and II and beyond:

New graphing features allow students to visualize complicated functions and adjust parameters in realtime to gain a better understanding of how functions work:

What's New?
    Up until recently we have focused on the mobile app version of Figure (available on Apple App Store and Google Play). This is the new web version of Figure Classroom. This version has a in-built problem bank with math problems from Pre-Algebra, Algebra I, Algebra II, Geometry, and Trigonometry. An interactive "Quick Start" tutorial introduces the basics of Figure, and a set of tutorial problems eases the barrier to entry.

Our Ask...
    Play around with our new Figure Classroom project at http://classroom.figuremath.com. To access this, you will need to enter this Class Code: ZW2BQTT

We are looking for feedback from both a user's and a developer's perspective. We are constantly looking for new suggestions about features and content that would improve the user experience. But we would love your feedback from a technical perspective. In particular, we'd appreciate your input on the following:
    • General Impressions: tell us what you think!
    • Optimization: how can we improve performance and reduce CPU/GPU demands?
    • Architecture: what is the ideal back-end architecture for hosting a Unity WebGL game?
    • Communication Layer: tips on seamlessly communicating between the browser and WebGL canvas?
    • Bugs, Glitches, and General Annoyances: does it work?
    And, of course, any other comments you have are welcome!

Reply here or contact us at info@figuremath.com. You can also learn more at www.figuremath.com.

2. Haze74

Haze74

Awesome gifs!!!

acr1378 likes this.
  3. NorthStar79

NorthStar79

Looks incredible. I will definitely check it out.

Haze74 and acr1378 like this.
  4. tomkhagessel

tomkhagessel

This is honestly really impressive and it wouldn't shock me one bit to see this tool used a lot for education in the future. The Animations and Design are really cool and I like the fact that you can visualize maths in a way with this program.

5. mgear

mgear

random comments on quick clickety-click test:
    - unity webgl copy paste issue is quite annoying (cannot paste in the code), maybe look for workarounds if there are?
    - no mouse over for close button (its gray so it looks like disabled)
    - mouse scroll zoom is bit slow
    - no tooltips on buttons
    - some kind of reframe all could be nice (to quickly zoom all into view)
    - sounds are really nice!

6. palex-nx

palex-nx

Awesome! I want this for linear algebra

7. acr1378

acr1378

Go Figure!

Haze74 likes this.
  8. acr1378

acr1378

Awesome! Please do. We'd love your feedback.

9. acr1378

acr1378

Thanks! We've had a mobile app out for awhile that we were marketing to students and teachers. We are making a big push to target schools and districts with this web app, and to have a bigger impact on math education.

tomkhagessel and Haze74 like this.
  10. konsic

konsic

Really cool!

11. acr1378

acr1378

Great feedback! Much appreciated. My thoughts below...

Copy Paste issue: Ugh! This has honestly been a PIA. Such a simple function should have a simple solution, but we haven't found it yet. We worked on it for awhile without finding a good copy-paste solution for all major browsers so we gave up for the time being to work on more important things. But we need to get this fixed. If you have suggestions I'm all ears.

No mouse over for Close Button: good find. This should be an easy fix...which Close Button are you referring to? The close button on the math expressions?

Mouse Scroll Zoom slow: this is another problem that where we haven't found a good universal solution. With some mice or trackpads the scroll is too slow, and with others it's too fast. We'll try to do more testing.

Tooltips on Buttons: agreed. This would be nice to have.

Reframe/navigation: do you think a simple button, gesture, or double click would work best here? Or would you like to see a navigation window pop-up in the corner?

Haze74 likes this.