Search Unity

Games Fighting Generation - Fighting Game Project

Discussion in 'Works In Progress' started by Shubi_S20, Mar 25, 2019.

1. Shubi_S20

Shubi_S20

Hello.

We're creating a little fighting game, called Fighting Generation (Website).
    At the moment it's a "just for fun"-project made with Unity 2018.3. The game is in an early state of development. Some of the 3D-models and animations are placeholders to create the core of the game and will be replaced later.
    Here are some screenshots and a video with ingame-footage:

Video:

Screenshots:

Last edited: Nov 11, 2019
    eaque and koirat like this.
  2. marekkula

marekkula

Where's blood?

3. Shubi_S20

Shubi_S20

We finally created our first public demo.
    You may download the demo on our website: https://www.s20games.com/downloads
    It's some kind of tech demo with limited gameplay (two characters, one arena). Please read the included readme.txt file for more information. :)

4. warthos3399

warthos3399

As previously stated "wheres the blood" also your using 2018.3 build, why not 2018 4.2f1 (LTS build), as LTS builds are better and more stable than non-LTS builds. less bugs, other wise, looking good guys :)

5. Foestar

Foestar

Awesome job guys. I'm sure it'll smooth out more as you go, but this is one of the better starts I've seen to a fighting game. Also, I don't think you need blood. I kinda liked the concept of impacts with difference than most fighter games.

6. kdgalla

kdgalla

Yes. I don't think that you need blood in substance, but the movement of the blood creates a "follow-through" that is pleasing to the eye and emphasizes the action and movement of the impact. I think you could mimic this by having more directional impact effects rather than having literal blood, though.

7. palex-nx

palex-nx

He made a selfie after winnig the fight. Is it possible to collect those selfies and publish them on the instagram?

8. Foestar

Foestar

One of my favorite impacts from all the fighting games was the original Tekken. I loved the little.... errr, not sure what to call it but its impacts were something I enjoyed when playing either in an arcade or home on the playstation. It stood out to me.

Don't get me wrong, I loved Mortal Kombat as it was one of the first gruesome games to come out so I was drawn to that as well. But Tekken still holds stronger to my early love and memories of these kind of games.

9. eluukkanen

eluukkanen

Hey there I really like the fighting game look. I would invest to great sfx and music. I am a composer. Perhaps I can help. I will send you a private message on that

unityunity