Search Unity

1. We've closed the job boards. If you're looking for work, or looking to hire check out Unity Connect. You can see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity 2017.2 is now released.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Unity Gear Store is here to help you look great at your next meetup, user group or conference. With all new Unity apparel, stickers and more!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you're a macOS 10.13 High Sierra user take be sure to read this before updating Unity.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Introducing the Unity Essentials Packs! Find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Want to see the most recent patch releases? Take a peek at the patch release page.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Unity 2017.3 beta is now available for download.
    Dismiss Notice

[fighting game] Kinetic Damage [Released]

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by n0mad, Mar 18, 2009.

?

Which real martial art would you love to master ?

1. Muay Thai

53 vote(s)
    15.7%
  2. Ninjutsu

71 vote(s)
    21.1%
  3. Taekwondo

33 vote(s)
    9.8%
  4. Tai Chi Chuan / Qi Gong Jin

22 vote(s)
    6.5%
  5. Jeet Kun Do

29 vote(s)
    8.6%
  6. Pencak Silat

8 vote(s)
    2.4%
  7. Boxing

20 vote(s)
    5.9%
  8. Shaolin Kung Fu

76 vote(s)
    22.6%
  9. I don't like martial arts / fighting games

25 vote(s)
    7.4%
  1. kereyroper

kereyroper

Hi Ben,

I just contacted you via the web form you have on your website. The short summary is that we are looking to use a third-party fighting game engine to speed up development of a game we are working on. Check your inbox! :)

2. n0mad

n0mad

Replied :)

3. toto2003

toto2003

hello nomad
    i was following you for quite some time, i was wondering how s thing s going, hope you re getting fine , are you planning to keep on working on kinetic damage for android? or start something new?

cheers

4. n0mad

n0mad

Hey toto, thanks for coming by :]
    Based on iOS rating and reviews, Kinetic Damage has been a critical success, but didn't make it enough to financially support a quick evolution like I wished it would. I'm still working on it, but not 7/7 anymore due to inevitable time constraints.

Now for the news :
    * I will submit an update this week that will crank up the difficulty a bit more and support iOS Game Controller, and after that will still continue to work on multiplayer.
    * multiplayer's future is still uncertain at the moment, for backend reasons. I need top notch servers to support such a quick action, and the only financially viable solution I got right now is to use Apple gamecenter, which has been told to be horribly slow.
    * I'm planning to release Kinetic Damage on Android in the coming monthes, in a Full Free version, supported by ads. iOS will follow such a model shortly after.
    * This summer, I will start to contact some studios to see if any is interested to pump up the project to a higher ground. One year after release seems to be a good momentum.

Anyway, Android is still planned to be released indeed :]
    Cheers

Last edited: May 6, 2014
  5. FuzzyQuills

FuzzyQuills

This is exactly what I am doing for mine! I have a larger project i was working on, but to quickly establish myself, i decided to build a simpler game first!

And Honestly, this REEKS of awesomeness! I am actually, ironically, building a fighter as well, but mine takes a slightly different concept: it's going 3D instead of the two-dimensional plane that a lot of fighting games have (Like Super Smash Bros. Brawl, DeadOrAlive, and those arcade hits of the 90s)

And good luck on porting to consoles! I am hoping to port to console someday too... :D And i agree with coding multi-player: my code's a monster!

EDIT: I will say one thing though: my "smaller" project is the brawling game... :D

Last edited: May 19, 2014
  6. aldrich_yan

aldrich_yan

Wonderful game and develop experience~;)
    Thanks for sharing~

7. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape Moderator

Upon examining your situation I would possibly suggest:

1. a spin off game with the same fighters, just new backgrounds and textures. Give some "edition" title or whatever and tweak the mechanics slightly. Basically a new flavour.

2. Make it free, but watching a full screen ad with Unity ads could unlock a new fighter. This should only occur every few hours and could unlock abilities as well. Generally people watch a vid ad to unlock a bit more. See the unity crossy road blog posting for more on this business model.

This could be rather successful as a free fighting franchise in this manner, there is a gap in the market for it. Not for paid in an era of big boys :)

8. Rinoa_Heartilly

Rinoa_Heartilly

wow you're so hard working and this game is really big so admirable

9. n0mad

n0mad

Been a while since I didn't connect ! I just took some kind of gamedev vacation :)
    Anyway, just to announce that this week, after 3 years of release, I'm permanently offering Kinetic Damage to anyone by setting the price to free ! Hope you'll enjoy :)

RavenOfCode and KRGraphics like this.