Search Unity

FHD & 4k monitor - cooperation problem

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by kmk68, Nov 30, 2018.

1. kmk68

kmk68

Hello.

Win 10 Pro, 64 bit, Unity 5.6.5. I use two monitors as in the image below:

upload_2018-11-30_10-55-24.png

Number 2 (Full HD 1920x1080) is the main screen for windows, I work on it, and the Unity Editor runs on it.
    Number 1 (4K 3840x2160) is an auxiliary monitor for viewing graphics, etc.

The problem is this: if the unity editor is running on a smaller monitor (2) the windows from
    the editor's unity transferred to the larger monitor (1) do not open - and can not be magnified - beyond
    the resolution of the monitor with lower resolution. So a quarter of the big screen.

For many reasons I can not change the places of monitors, I use them for other works. Of course, when I run the editor on a large monitor is ok, but it does not make sense.

Has anyone had such a problem? And can it be solved?

Kind regards,
    Kajetan

summerian likes this.
  2. summerian

summerian

I've had the same problem. My solution was to move the 4k monitor to the Mac which has no problems with Unity and monitors of different dpi. On my pc I use only hd monitors.

It sucks that it doesn't work and with the way windows implements dpi scaling I think it's up to unity to fix it.

3. Joe-Censored

Joe-Censored

I would bet money that Unity 2018.x would work better, due to the significant changes made for 2018.1 to support monitor scaling on Windows.

kmk68 likes this.
  4. kmk68

kmk68

Yes, thanks, I received confirmed info that in 2018.2 it works correctly :)

Joe-Censored likes this.
  5. summerian

summerian

Hey, nice! Have you tried it yet yourself? I might want to move back my 4k monitor to windows.