Search Unity

Few small Probuilder issues

Discussion in 'World Building' started by markjanzen88, Jun 20, 2018.

1. markjanzen88

markjanzen88

I really like probuilder, its my favorite 'feature' for unity by far. after using it to fix small model issues instead of going back to 3ds max, im noticing a few things that maybe Im doing wrong that someone could help with:

1. When detaching polygons, they seem to move away from the position there are in when I detach them. I know there is a workaround of duplicating my model and deleting faces i dont need but thats a longer process.

2. When using the UV mapping tool, is there any way to toggle off the yellow highlighted group of polygons Im UV'ing so I can actually see how my texture map is being mapped in the editor?

2. yahodahan

yahodahan

Hi! Glad the tools are helping :)

1) That sounds like a bug, but I can't make it happen over here...what version of PB and unity are you using? Can you give me more details on the process and result? Thanks!

2) We should add that option, definitely. I'll put it in the list! For now, you can toggle on the "In-Scene UV Controls" (the little button with three arrows, in the top-middle toolbar in the UV window), and then when clicking on faces you won't see the highlight :)

3. markjanzen88

markjanzen88

Im using 3.0.9 (unity 2018.1.f2).

To recreate basically any model select any number of polygons, go to detach polygon and they will move to another place. I have to manually move the detached piece back to its origin...

Also, thought of another feature - insert vertex would be really handy feature or maybe its there and Im missing where?

4. yahodahan

yahodahan

Bug: Can you get a video of this, so I see the full action? Still unable to repro here, sorry.

Insert Vertex: Yep, you can use "subdivide edge" to do this :)

5. markjanzen88

markjanzen88

thanks, it seems this is fixed for me after updating to the latest version...great to see this plugin improve!

one other suggestion: its very hard to select vertex's when they are close together (move tool icon usually is in the way) and also drag select doesnt seem to work that well for selecting multiple vertex's.