Search Unity

Few Questions for Unity2D

Discussion in '2D' started by KenSyuu, Dec 7, 2013.

1. KenSyuu

KenSyuu

Hi All

I just started Unity not long ago, been reading books about 4.x but now Unity is updated to 4.3 finally with 2D kits integrated. So I am trying to learn the usage of the 2D environment, and yet I've encountered a few problem so far would like to ask for advice :D

1. I have tried adding a 3D cube object in the 2D scene but it seems the z-index is locked, hence I cannot move my object along the z-index. What I tried to do is some ground tile that will be "lowered" when moved over it, how could I achieve this in 2D mode?

2. How could I make scene transition effect between 2D scenes? I have tried something in 3D (while sprite with animation controlling its alpha, but in 4.2x version) and while I tried to apply the same animation into the new 4.3 2D version, it doesn't work

3. Can we add a terrain in 2D scene? As I wanted to make a map in the game for leveling, and wanted a 3D map from top-down if possible.

I am not looking for a complete answer here by reply, but any reference or redirect to tutorial would be highly appreciated!
    Thanks for all the help for my questions in advance :D

2. MD_Reptile

MD_Reptile

I am not entirely sure what you mean, I created new 2D project, added 3D cube, added 2d sprite (both at zero'ed out postions) and there is no locking, I can move both the sprite and the cube around on all axis's (even z), perhaps I misunderstood your question. or maybe you have changed some setting I haven't.

I guess you could do some blackscreen animation (created from external app) and use that in unity prior and after loading screens or such... again not entirely sure what you mean.

While you can add one, it wouldn't be right using it quite like you would in full 3d, unless you have it sloping towards the camera downward, so that it seems like a complete terrain (if it didn't slope down it might clip through camera eventually)

if I can help more I will, just need you to clarify what all you mean and if I am close or not haha

3. Eric5h5

Eric5h5

Volunteer Moderator Moderator

There's not really a "2D mode" or a "2D scene" in Unity. Everything is 3D, including sprites, and they exist in 3D space. There's a 2D button in the scene view that toggles 2D scene view mode on and off, but it's only there to make manipulating sprites easier and only affects the scene view camera; it doesn't actually change anything in the scene. If you switch the scene view to 3D mode then you manipulate sprites like other game objects.

--Eric

4. AlenLap

AlenLap