Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice
Unity's version control component has been upgraded to Plastic SCM.

Few issues with Unity Collab.

Discussion in 'Unity Collaborate' started by Cynikal, Jun 22, 2017.

1. Cynikal

Cynikal

So, i've been using this since the invite only testing. It's been absolutely great..

However, after updating to 5.6.1f1, i've noticed a few issues...

1. The Collab button is grey with a checkmark. After I click it, it takes a minute or so before it'll register, and then I can save my changes. It's like if I click it, then it initializes.... Even if Unity has been open for hours. (Says I need to enable collab when i mouse over)

2. EVERY time I go to publish now, I get the message that the version has changed, and it might add conflict with other users....... Every single time. (I am the only one updating changes)

2. Vallar

Vallar

1- I have been having this issue when my Laptop goes to sleep mode then I wake it. At first it didn't show anything aside from what you are describing, however, after updating to 5.6.1 (maybe even from 5.6) I would get an error stating that Unity lost connection to their server (or something of that sort). It also happens if my Laptop dims the screen (not sleeping) or left for hours idle.

2- If you've been using an older version of Unity, then updated your Unity version then with the new version added a commit, you'll get the error. This because (as far as I can tell) because the project now has 2 different Unity versions in the history.

3. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

Hi @Cynikal and @Vallar! Thank you for reporting these issues.

For 1), like Vallar was seeing, that is common to run into after waking up a laptop from sleep mode. But when opening a project, it shouldn't take longer than a few seconds for the Services to connect and re-enable Collab for your project, not hours. If you notice it still not enabling, could you try opening the Services Window and check if you can see the list of services there? You many need to Refresh your Link, essentially restarting the Services' connection. If your link needs to be updated then viewing the Services Window will show a screen asking you to either refresh or create a new link. Give that a try and let me know if that helps to restart Collab for you.

For 2), normally that should only be appearing once if you're opening the project in a different version than what the project was last uploaded in. Can you look for ProjectVersion.txt in your ProjectSettings folder and let me know which version it says?

4. Vallar

Vallar

Hey @ryanc-unity

Thanks for your clarifications. I am not sure if for number 2 you want me to also do as Cynikal or not, but just in case you do here is what is there:
    m_EditorVersion: 5.6.1f1

Ryan-Unity likes this.
  5. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

Thanks @Vallar. That's the expected result after having to update the version once against the copy on the server. It should list your current version in the txt file. I'm curious what it says for @Cynikal if it keeps thinking that your version is different from the server.

6. Cynikal

Cynikal

I will note that I am NOT using a laptop, and since updating to Unity 5.6.2f1, it doesn't give me any issues at all anymore.

The collab is working quickly, and no more warning messages.

Ryan-Unity likes this.