Search Unity

Few basic questions about addressables.

Discussion in 'Addressables' started by HedgehogNSK, Mar 31, 2020.

1. HedgehogNSK

HedgehogNSK

I've got more questions. Million thanks for your answers.:)
    1. If prefab marked as addressable have Sprite component that have reference to some sprite. Should I add referenced sprite to addresable group too?
    2. What if I have collections of addressable prefabes that incapsulates same component, and I need to get filtered collection? Is there any way to get such collection without loading whole bunch of addressables? Or should I load all instances, get only those I need and then unload others?
    3. As I understood, when addressables group are building, they are building into separate bundles.That's right? Is it possible to create sub-groups at least? For example, If I have object that represents location, and location consists of rooms, that are separate prefabs by it selves? Because in other case I have to name groups as map1_room1_remote, map1_room2_remote, it looks messy.
    4. Is there any detailed instruction with examples how to setup addressable profile and which files should be uploaded on dedicated server?

2. SviperSniper

SviperSniper

Hey,

1) The Sprite and its texture are implicitly included into the bundle. If multiple bundles use the same sprite, you can put it in a separated group/bundle which than becomes the dependency for the other bundles.
    2) You could assign a certain label to all prefabs that have the component and than load them by label.
    3) It depends on the group configuration. You can change the packing behaviour in the advanced settings of each group by changing the bundle mode. As far as I know there are no sub groups atm.
    4) All groups with a remote setup appear in a directory called "ServerData/[BuildTarget]" (based on your RemoteBuildPath) which you can found in the root directory of your project. These are the files that you have to upload.

I hope this helps you :)

HedgehogNSK likes this.
  3. HedgehogNSK

HedgehogNSK

Thanks. That helps a lot.:)

1 more clarifying question about sprite. So If I add prefab with Sprite component to one of the groups but don't add texture to one of the groups by itself and then build the addresables and the application, those Sprite and it's texture won't be included into application build. Correct?