Search Unity

Female Movement Animset Pro

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Kubold, Oct 28, 2015.

1. Kubold

Kubold

Hi,

I'll just quote the pack description:

"If you don't use PlayMaker, you can still use all 174 FBX format, motion captured animations to build your own controller!"

This means that you can use the animations with any controller you want. You can make your own controller and use the animations in it, or buy some other controller and use the animation in that one. There are no legal or technical restrictions.

I don't own Adventure Creator so I have no idea if my PlayMaker controller will work in that, but, if Adeventure Creator has it's own controller (I don't know, please check first), you can simply use the animations from Female Animset Pro in it.

theANMATOR2b likes this.
  2. superflay

superflay

One more question please if I may.
    The two fbx files that contain the animations, I want to import them in 3dmax but when I import it just ads only one action (it is a dropdown where I can choose which animation i want to import) instead of importing all of them. Any advice?

3. Kubold

Kubold

This is just how 3ds max works - one animation at a time. That's why I use Motionbuilder - it can open/edit/retarget/save multiple animation takes at once, which speeds up your work by 1000%. All the other 3d programs can handle just one at a time.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2016
  4. theANMATOR2b

theANMATOR2b

Odd - I usually get an options to bring in no animation, only one animation or all animations.
    If the fbx contains all the animations - Max should bring all them in.
    Are you sure the fbx you are trying to import has all the animtions rather than just one animation?

Alternately use animation retargeting in Max. Since the rigs are identical - retargeting is a lot less complicated than retargeting to a different rig.

5. Kubold

Kubold

3ds max can't import more than one animation take at a time. Only Motionbuilder, Unity and Unreal Engine can do that.

From 3ds max help: (Import > Include > Animation > Extra options > Animation Take)

"Displays the current animation take in the FBX file.
    If no animation take exists in the file, the field shows a “No animation” message.
    If several animation takes exist in the file, the currently selected take is displayed in the field.
    You can change the selected take of animation by choosing another take from the menu. The plug-in lists all available takes of animation contained in the file.

Note You can only select and import a single take of animation at a time."

Btw. besides Motionbuilder, another easy and fast method of batch-retargeting right now is using... Unreal Engine 4 :). You can then export the results to FBX files.

6. theANMATOR2b

theANMATOR2b

Sorry Kubold - you are correct about the process and definition of a take, however - if there is a fbx in Unity that includes all animations - all animations will be imported into Max. Max imports all animation in that fbx as one take.

This file - pulled from a Unity project has a fbx that includes all animations/cycles imported as on "take".
    This file imports all animations on the timeline without any retargeting needed.
    upload_2016-8-13_15-30-59.png

The only thing required to get all animations into Max is having one fbx that includes all animations.
    The import settings for this model was Take001 but includes all animations.

Edit: Thanks for the tip on UE retargeting.

7. Kubold

Kubold

Ha, so what you say is downright on the contrary with 3ds max manual. You say that 3ds max' FBX importer will take all those separate takes, and merge them one after another into one big take? That's the first time I hear about it, I would love to test what you say, but my 3ds max trial period is long gone.

But if it works like you said, then it's just awesome.

... however I'm still not convinced if what you say is right... In my MayaLT 2017 I still se this:

Clipboard01.jpg

Either No Animation or choose ONE take. No option for merging all takes into one long one, like you described. And this is the same FBX importer as in max...? Are you absolutely sure you are not using any plugins or custom scripts?

Or maybe you are importing an FBX, which already has just one long take, and is sliced up in unity, so Unity just sees it as multitake, but it's really not? ;)

theANMATOR2b likes this.
  8. theANMATOR2b

theANMATOR2b

I don't think its contrary to the documentation. If all the animations exist in the fbx being imported - all animations will be put onto the timeline.
    Yes - The original fbx was imported into Unity with all animations together, and then I sliced up the cycles into individual takes in Unity. Though Max doesn't do any merging of takes - the animations are all included in the original fbx.
    I have a different workflow now - separate all the animations when exporting from Max, but still keep/archive the Max file with all the animations together - for later use. My old workflow was just to export all animations together and slice them in Unity - until I needed to edit an animation which caused all animations down stream to mess up. Learned that lesson well. ;)

As I stated before - IF there is one fbx in Unity with all the animations - when importing into Max all the takes will come in as one.
    This is the import window for the file I showed above. All the animations were brought into Max when selecting Take001.
    upload_2016-8-13_22-58-17.png
    I'm not using any plugins or scripts, though if there was one that was able to import new animations onto an existing rig that contained animations - as long as the bones matched - I would surely use it and share it with the world. Bone retargeting isn't the greatest in Max.

Of course I know - putting all 180 animations of the female movement set isn't a logical workflow - that is why I suggested retargeting in Max - though I think your suggestion to use UE would be a better option for others.

9. Kubold

Kubold

Just to sum up for anyone else who reads this: aniamtions in Female Animset Pro are in multitake files, not on one big take. You can not import them to 3ds max all at once.

TeagansDad and theANMATOR2b like this.
  10. superflay

superflay

Hello guys, could you please tell me how to do it in 3ds Max. I have the character generated in Miximo + autorigged with their script and I want to use this Import-> update function to update the biped, but it doesn't do anything. No animation is added.
    If I import with Add and Update animation it brings the female dummy mesh with the animation but I want to put it on my biped. I put the model rigged here (what am i doing wrong? https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2aQSIA4O04eeTNEcWNuNy1xanM/view?usp=sharing)

11. Ashley_01

Ashley_01

hi, I bought the pack on UE4 but I lost my email and my pass what should I do? :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

12. GXMark

GXMark

I have a question regarding the Animations when imported inside of Unity. I noticed that none of the Root Transform Rotation, Root Transform Position (Y) and Root Transform Position (XZ) show up on your animations. Why is that?

13. Kubold

Kubold

This is because a Root bone is selected as root motion source, to ensure that animation moves like in the source file. You can change it to procedural root motion by unreferencing the root bone and the options will appear.

I encourage to check the FAQ for my animation packs :): http://www.kubold.com/?page_id=594

14. Tomza

Tomza

Hi Kubold,

How to set up a blend tree for all the animations like Movement Animset Pro? Could you attach an image? 90L, 90R, LeanL, LeanR, all turns. How to make a complex and blended correctly blend tree?

15. Kubold

Kubold

Female Movement Animset Pro already has a controller and animation tree included, just like Movement Animset Pro. Please watch the videos and read the pack description on Asset Store, before buying, to get information about the pack.

You can also simply replace the animations in Movement Animset Pro controller with female (or any other) animations, for example using Animator Override Controller. Very useful tool :)

16. Tomza

Tomza

I meant just an image of an example of blend tree for moving. Blend tree, not a controller. I know how to use Unity controllers, but I have no idea hwo to make a blend tree.

17. Kubold

Kubold

18. Tomza

Tomza

I know how to use a blend tree in Unity. I wish to get an image of any example of using YOUR ANIMATIONS in the blend tree. Just your animations. Because I used my own animations made by hand, not so complex blend trees. I don't know if it makes sense to have complex blend trees for moving. Please make a screenshot and add to the Asset Store or just upload here for me. There are many animations in your package that I'm not sure if they are useful for me. Do I really need all those turn, 90, 135 animations?

19. Kubold

Kubold

Sure, screenshots are a good idea, I'll update the pack images.

4.jpg 1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg

You don't need to use any of it, if you feel your game is good without it. Some games are good with just 2 animations Idle->Run (Diablo 3 for example) and some games use 4000+ animations and hiper-complicated animation trees (Assassin's Creed for example). It's the game designer's choice, I just make assets.

Please watch the videos and play the included Web Player demo (using Firefox browser) to see how the turns and starts work in action, to decide.

theANMATOR2b likes this.
  20. Tomza

Tomza

That's it! I meant just that. Because you know I think to control a character movement more smoothly. My game is a Third Person Shooter, but my animations made by hand aren't good. Your stuff is professional. I just wasn't sure if having so many animations would have a good influence over my smooth character movement.

Somebody from our team bought your Movement Pack a few years ago(no examples included), so we now use it for our professional TPS. But it is not enough and we are going to buy other your packs now. First, we need to buy your Rifle Crouch and Prone pack. And I need to implement it properly. We will probably buy survival packs too. And I am responsible for making a decision what we really need. We have our own animations. Because your stuff is the best I just wanted to ask you how to use it properly and what we really need. We got a nice budget for purchasing needed assets. And for sure, your animations will be the most important thing in our project. I cannot made such good locomotion animations in Blender by hand.

21. Spiral-Organ

Spiral-Organ

wtfff.png

The latest version seems to have a bug with falling after walking off a ledge. The character turns invisible, but even if I modify the FSM to disable the block that disables the animator controller object, all I get is a stuck in the air unable to fall bug.

For reference here is the block I modified:

wtfff.png

22. Wolf-Chaos

Wolf-Chaos

23. Kubold

Kubold

Hi,

You just need to import iTween. Like the install notes say:

Playmaker 1.9.0+ removed iTween Actions from default set of Actions. Some of my controllers used iTween. Until I update all the controllers, there is now an additional step. You need to download iTween and set of iTween Actions manually, so the controllers work correctly:

1. After you download and install Playmaker, you need to download iTween (free) from Asset Store.
    2. Next, you need to open Playmaker Welcome screen from the top menu and click Add-Ons.

3. Go to the bottom of the window and click "Import" on iTween Support.

24. Wolf-Chaos

Wolf-Chaos

Thanks :) This has solved most of my problems, but I still have one more. I'm managing my character to move forward, but insted of moving straight, it is turning without my control.

25. Kubold

Kubold

You need to unzip and copy the InputManager asset to correct place:

The order of these steps might be important. If you don't do them in order, or you install the controller in a project, where you already made changes to Layers or Tags or Input, the controller might not work (but animations will).

1. Create a new, fresh, EMPTY Unity Project
    2. Download and Import fresh version of Playmaker (two step installation! Need to unpack PlayMaker after downloading from Asset Store!)
    3. Import iTween and turn on iTween integration in Playmaker
    4. Import Female Movement Animset Pro
    5. Unzip the "Assets\FemaleMovementAnimsetPro\UnzipAndReplace_InputManager\ProjectSettings.zip"
    and copy the unzipped files to "ProjectSettings\" folder, replacing the existing files. Do this in Windows, not in the Editor.
    6. The controller should work correctly now.

Not sure If you checked, but there is a FAQ here: https://www.kubold.com/faq-unity It could answer many questions.

26. rboerdijk

rboerdijk

Question, I purchased this asset last year on the assetstore, but am in the process of trying Unreal4. The official page mentions that you can import between Unreal and Unity (and vice versa), but what confuses me is it also mentions you don't need to retarget animations to a standard Epic skeleton and you can import the FBX files from the a zip in the SourceFiles folder (which the Unity package doesn't have, but it does have the fbx files.. so probably okay).

I've created a new UE4.27 project, imported both "Animations/FemaleMovementAnimSetPro_*.fbx" into UE4 and playing them in that state looks ok. My character itself states it's "Rigged to Epic Skeleton: Yes", so that sounds like it should work out of the box (but I can't play female animset animations on my model without retargeting), but when retargeting the animation is snapped at the Neck (head is animated) and the rest of the body is static, and slides over the floor.
    I'd have expected a slight mismatch - like the hands not perfectly aligning - but this is a bit unexpected. I'm sure the mistake is on my side, but not much experience with this so it's a challenge :)

I know it's a Unity forum but since my question fits neither forum perfectly, going to ask here in the hope someone knows if there's a difference between the UE4 and Unity FBX's, specifically in the skeleton - or if anything specific needs to be done to make this work ? ( specifically thinking of the retargetting in the T-pose - weird thing is that in the sample video the Kashia model is in the T-pose, and this skeleton from Kubold's fbx'es appears not to be - which is confusing me a bit).

Update: The skeletons are indeed different - so I guess you can import between unreal and unity - but only by matching the skeleton... Going to experiment with that, I'm sure I'm not the first person to run into this :)

Update2: The FemaleMovementAnimset Skeleton has Spine (which should be mapped to spine_01) and Spine1 (=spine_02) but then there is no counterpart for spine_03... hmm...

Last edited: Sep 30, 2021
  27. SonicTheHedgiehog

SonicTheHedgiehog

I Have This Problem Too, did you fix that?

This problem seemingly arises from "WalkingWithTurning" State.
    The problem seems to be from "LookAtSpeed" Variable (?).
    When i set """Speed""" Variable, of the """Smooth Look At""" Action (Shown in the screenshot), of the "WalkingWithTurning" State, The character doesn't rotate anymore but also doesn't rotate at all, only the head looks at the direction you are pressing button and leans toward that direction (But wont change any direction until you release the button and press the other direction button).

Picture:

Please watch the Video:

@Kubold ,can you share the "preset of the attached FSM to the player" ?

Last edited: Aug 23, 2022
  28. SonicTheHedgiehog

SonicTheHedgiehog

Alright Got it to work.
    I think the reason for that issue was because i replaced ---inputmanager.asset--- and ---tagmanager.asset--- , (using windows explorer of course), while unity was running.
    Windows didn't give any "file in use" error or something so i didn't thought of it.

Alright i will tell you what to do to prevent this issue:

Step 1:

Open Unity 2019.4.15f1 (my unity version) and create a empty project.

Step 2:

Import playmaker 1.9.4f2 .
    after import you need to press "install playmaker" from the playmaker "Welcome screen" and import some other set of stuff , in case you didn't know already.

Step 3 :

AFTER playmaker install finishes, WITHOUT doing anything else, download and import the disgusting iTween and jump to step 4, OR USE THIS LINK in case you can't download anything from the asset store like me and then after downloading the zip file unpack the archive to anywhere (iTween-Unity-1.0.0 Folder Itself) and then in unity, go to Window > Package Manager and press the + (Plus) icon at top left and choose "Add package from disk" as shown below.

THEN Choose the package.json file inside iTween-Unity-1.0.0 folder as shown below in the picture:

It won't pop up anything (press import if it does) but it is imported. go to Window > Package Manager and in the "In Project" Tab (see below photo) you should have this now:

Step 4:

go to PlayMaker > Welcome Screen > Add-Ons
    now scroll down and there is some thing named: " iTween support " with a import button in front of it.

Press Import.
    Then Press Yes.
    Then Press Import.

Step 5:

Import Female Movement Animset Pro v1.1 .(won't work if v1.03 or else ).

Then press "
    I Make a Backup. Go Ahead! " as shown below. if you press " No Thanks " button then the script DepthOfField.cs at
    Assets\FemaleMovementAnimsetPro\Standard Assets\Effects\ImageEffects\Scripts\DepthOfField.cs and DepthOfFieldEditor.cs at Assets\FemaleMovementAnimsetPro\Editor\ImageEffects\DepthOfFieldEditor.cs will have compilation error because of obsolete codes and you can play the game by deleting these two scripts but also you will have two missing scripts on the Main Camera ( which are just some other Image-effects like antialiasing or just the depth of field).

Step 6 (Important):

In the project window in unity, go to Assets > FemaleMovementAnimsetPro > UnzipAndReplace_InputManager folder. Now Right click on the ProjectSettings.zip file and click Show In Explorer.

Now Save and Close Unity. This is the key.

Then eXtract the the ProjectSettings.zip in the same folder as it is in. now cut the two files ( InputManager.asset &
    TagManager.asset ) and go to:

Your Unity Project folder > ProjectSettings

and paste there and replace two files.

for example my project settings were at:

D:\Unity Projs\New Unity Project\ProjectSettings

ProjectSettings folder is beside Assets folder.

Step 7:

Open you project in unity.

EDIT: @Kubold But now i have one other problem, going upstairs animation not playing. the FloorAngle variable at going upstair is fed very badly, is constantly changing between 0 and 20~max 27. while it should be locked at 35 or 30 or 25 (seemingly), while going downstairs has no problem at all. does this bug exist for eveyone or i just have very bad luck?

As a temporary fix you can stupidly change the "Multiply by" Variable of the "Float Multiply" Action of "StairsUp" State of "FloorAngleHelper" Gameobject, bruh, from 1 to 1.5 (or more), and the "Telorance" Variable of the "Float Compare" (Last action of StairsUp State) from 0 to 0.15.
    This fix cannot be used as a permanent fix as
    1. the upstair animation plays waky
    2. it did not fix the main problem, just covered it a little (still problem can be seen), as the FloatAngle is now jumping between larger numbers.
    3. at least something plays now.

THIS VIDEO IS AFTER THE STUPID FIX:

BEFORE THE STUPID FIX, THE ONLY DIFFERENCE IS THAT THE UPSTAIRS ANIMATION DOES NOT PLAY AT ALL ( ACTUALLIY FED SOMETHING LIKE 3~6 SO VERY MINIMAL DIFFERENCE WITH NOTHING)

29. SonicTheHedgiehog

SonicTheHedgiehog

@Kubold , How to make player follow "PickTarget" object in "FemaleDemo" scene? (While still having WASD Controls?)

WHAT FSM MAKES PLAYER FOLLOW THE PICKTARGET?????????

30. Kubold

Kubold

Hi,

The Female Movement Animset Pro is an old package now

It looks like it is not compatible with Playmaker 1.9.5. Please use 1.9.4 (choose it upon installation) for now.

Also, various changes in Playmaker itself made the installation require one additional step - installing iTween. Then it works correctly without any fixes or changes. iTween was included in the Playmaker pack when the pack controller was made, they part ways, so now it has to be installed manually until I modernize all my packages.

1. Go to Package Manager, find the free iTween package and import it to your project.
    2. Go to Playmaker Add-Ons screen (Click Playmaker on the top of the screen and choose Welcome Screen and then Add-Ons)

3. Click iTween Support at the very bottom.

Female Movement Animset Pro should work correctly now (just tested on Unity 2021 LTS)

In the Frequently Asked Questions on my page you can find more answers like this one.

I'm sorry the pack is a bit outdated and there is one more "hoop" needed to be completed upon installation. I will try to update all my packs to a more current state of things.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2022
  31. SonicTheHedgiehog

SonicTheHedgiehog

Thank you so much for the reply but i already know it. i wrote a comprehensive 7 Step Tutorial above on how to install it, but my problem is not iTween or any playmaker compilation error. Also i'm using playmaker 1.9.4.f2 with unity 2019.4.15f1. you say the upstair anim issue is caused by itween or playmaker?

I just wanted a little information on the inner workings of the controller states as they are very complicated. after several days playing with actions and such, i "kinda" fixed the "upstair" problem, but now it even plays when running onto anything at a higher height than ground like 0.1.

for the top-down scene, on the point and click feature, the position of mouse click is received and sets as PickTarget 's position and rotation is set at 0, 0, 0. And character follows PickTarget Gameobject.

For my GTA style game, i just wanted that whenever certain button is pressed near a car, PickTarget repositions at the car's door, and player start walking to the PickTarget's location, just like if you clicked somewhere on the Top-Down scene.

i cannot find what FSM tells the player to follow PickTarget object, i searched all FSMs.

Can you shed some light on what magical mechanism you used to do this (to move character to the PickTarget's position)?

i cannot simply Move the character with two actions, as in the top-down scene it moves to the location using root motion (anim controlled).

Also, Outdated asset but still best. it is 2022 and there is nothing on the universe that uses start stop walk run, lean, direction detection.. i only found this, movement animset pro, and master animset system to be like that. there is no more gta style controller on the planet. youtube tutorials are all some useless controller which are very incomplete and none have start stop walking, run jump/ land/ direction detection to start walk and such.. so this is my only choice ( and movement animset pro). i even wanted to work on unreal but their controllers are worse.

32. hopeful

hopeful

Might be possible to make it work with Unity's Visual Scripting?

33. SonicTheHedgiehog

SonicTheHedgiehog

I don't think. it is very complicated. i didn't tried Unity's but if it has the needed actions (Get position, float compare, smooth look at, stabilize feet, set animator float, controller simple move, get angle Y, get fsm float (equivalent), send event, next frame event, wait, and etc. it might be possible but still it is very hard to figure it out what is doing what on the Playmaker controller (to reverse engineer it). For example i still didn't figure out how the character moves to the Empty Gameobject's location (named picktarget).

the FSM controlling the top-down's mouse pick- move to target location ,only controls where and how the pointer texture is dropped at target position and changes its color and sets the new location to the empty gameobject.

i am worrying that because of oldness of it, even the creator forgot inner workings of this awesome complicated realistic controller.

what should we do now? i really wish the designer made it in c# (through someone) so it will work, once and for all, on any machine.

more than two years struggling with this asset.

Problem is that there is no any tutorial on how to create such comprehensive complete Controller. it is 2022 and we still change direction of our character with rotating it (like gta sa).

34. hopeful

hopeful

In the FWIW category ... the visual scripting, which is based on an earlier asset store product called Bolt, is much friendlier than Playmaker. You get both a flow type design and a state machine type design, with variables shared however you want them. IMO, everyone should be dropping Playmaker in favor of Unity's visual scripting.

SonicTheHedgiehog likes this.
  35. SonicTheHedgiehog

SonicTheHedgiehog

PlayMaker is older than me (not really), so yes, of course nowadays there are next gen and optimized new ways to approach the same no code development dream of playmaker era (and for free).

I don't know much C# knowledge, but really, if Kubold made the controller in C#, it was much much more understandable and readable than what it is now. it is an actual mess. Then i could easily track what is doing what and how to shrink or extend the controller to my desire.

For now i think i will reverse engineer how to make character follow a object with animation and direction detection ( or simply ask a forum ) .