Search Unity

Female Movement Animset Pro

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Kubold, Oct 28, 2015.

1. Kubold

Kubold

Clipboard01.jpg

Play it here (Unity Web Player) - TPP
    Play it here (Unity Web Player) - Point & Click

Get it at the Asset Store: https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/48903

!btw. if you already have Female Walk Animset, don't buy this! You can upgrade and just pay the difference in the price. To do that, log in to Asset Store, go to Female Walk Animset and click "Upgrade" (when it's available).

This is a set of over 170 motion capture animations and a 2 super-realistic, "drag and drop" character controllers for female characters.

Animation List:

TPP Controller:

Top down point & click controller:

The controllers are exclusively built with PlayMaker and they require it to work. If you don't use PlayMaker, you can still use all 174 FBX format, motion captured animations to build your own controller!

You can build a seamless third person perspective character movement for your game. The animations are universal, so you can use them for any setting you like - SciFi, Fantasy etc. All animations use Unity's Humanoid rig and Root Motion (which can be turned off).

This package has over 170 animations from which you can make game mechanics for:

- Standing
    - Walking (including strafing)
    - Running (including strafing)
    - Climbing up and down stairs<br>
    - Crouching / Sneaking (including strafing)
    - Getting up from ground<br/>
    - Jumping
    - Falling
    - Interactions (button pushing, picking up objects, levers etc.)
    - Sitting
    - Throwing
    - Sliding
    - Climbing obstacles

It also contains:

- Female Dummy character
    - Various door prefabs with different opening gameplay mechanics
    - Working elevator prefab
    - Working teleporter prefab
    - TPP game template
    - Top-down point & click game template

This set and controller is compatible with Movement Animset Pro and you can freely replace animations or even blend them together to produce something in between male and female animations:

Useful links:
    FAQ - Please read before you buy! :)
    Kubold's home page - tutorials etc.
    Kubold's facebook page

TUTORIAL - how to change the character model

Cheers and have fun,
    Kubold

Last edited: Nov 24, 2015
    RamFozz, daisySa, Ony and 5 others like this.
  2. theANMATOR2b

theANMATOR2b

Another pack of high quality mocap motions. Awesome work Kubold.
    I particularly like seeing the Blacksmith using the motions. It was funny but showed the quality of the motions being retargeted to a character with different proportions.

3. Gozdek

Gozdek

Awesome

4. hopeful

hopeful

5. Kubold

Kubold

Hi,

"Day 1 patch" submitted. Version 1.01 will fix a little Mecanim twitch between WalkStart blend tree and Walk Loop blend tree. The "fixed time transition" checkbox was unchecked. It's checked now, also the PlayMaker Transition time is a little longer and transitions are silky smooth. The Web Player demos (links in the first post) are already updated with the patch.

V. 1.01 should be available in 1-3 days.

Cheers,
    Kubold

6. AdeptusAstrates

AdeptusAstrates

Few questions before I buy:
    Are the .fbx on the Unity standard skeleton?
    Are the .fbx single files separated for each animation? Or only one giant multitake file?

7. Kubold

Kubold

Fbx files are baked on HumanIK skeleton which is 100% compatible with Unity Humanoid rig and 100% compatible with Maya and Motionbuilder autorig. You can inspect the skeleton structure here:

http://www.kubold.com/?page_id=134

This demo is on male skeleton, but female has the same structure, just different proportions.

Animations are in 2 big multitake files.

8. AdeptusAstrates

AdeptusAstrates

Thanks for the quick response,
    I feel its a bit inappropriate to post this question here but since you havent replied to my email from a few days ago so far:

Any rough estimate if and/or when you`ll provide these on the ue store?
    Reason being is that I have a working ue skeleton to maya rig retargeter in place and Id rather process your set through that. (Needs to be done because of auxiliary bones for deformation improvement being baked from the maya rig)
    I checked the demo skeleton from the link you posted and hmmm.. well It doesnt mean I cant work with these at all, but it would cost some time to dev and write something that can autoprocess those multitake fbx files. Im really not looking forward to that ... Id rather spend the time on actual character controller programming inside the engine.

So its important to me to know if it (release on your personal website or ue store) will happen anytime soon and if its worth for me to wait for that or not...
    If you say yes it will happen, then I would get the male version you have for now to get the ingame stuff going with the set, then replace with the female one once its out.

9. Kubold

Kubold

Hi,

I answer support e-mails on workdays, mostly monday, wednesday, friday, so yours will probably be answered today. And also blame Fallout 4 ;)

Epic doesn't provide a female skeleton, so I will have to make a female character myself to sell the animations on UE4. Also Epic requires the character to be AAA quality, so I can't just make a woman out of boxes and capsules. All this additional obstacles that Epic puts in front of animators need to be solved first. I can't tell when I will be able to make an AAA female character. Could be 2 weks, could be 2 months. I will problably just release this set on my own www first, baked on the female dummy you can se on current videos.

Anway, retargeting from current HumanIK rig is the easiest thing ever.

1. You CAN import multitake files to UE4. They will all have the same name, but they will import.

2. To get those animations in separate files for Unreal:

- download a trial version of Motionbuilder
    - open a multitake file
    - click "Save As..."
    - mark the checkboxes on the bottom "Save One Take Per File" and "Use Take Name"
    - click Save and Motionbuilder will export to separate files.

3. To rig and retarget the animations in Maya:

4. And most convenient of all, you can just open the multitake file in Motionbuilder and retarget all animations in a batch with couple of clicks.

10. Snownebula

Snownebula

How can I add a fly with animation to this with my own fbx files with the button F for fly and press F again to stop flying?

11. Kubold

Kubold

For example: you need to add the fly animation to Mecanim Controller and make transitions to other mecanim states (or to "any state", or to Exit and Enter, as you like). Add a mecanim variable (like trigger or bool) that will control this transition. And then, just add a new FSM or a state in existing FSM, that will control this mecanim variables, so for example, when you press F, then the bool is true, and mecanim transitions to flying animation.

12. Snownebula

Snownebula

Last edited: Nov 24, 2015
  13. Kubold

Kubold

14. Snownebula

Snownebula

Great advice, look to the tutorials. Now what?

15. Snownebula

Snownebula

I decited to start over and I get animations sorta but this error and the character floats along in one direction, I am using the newest of everything, Unity3d Pro 5.2.2p2 Windows 10 Pro 64x.:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. InvalidCastException: Cannot cast from source type to destination type.
    2. System.Reflection.MonoProperty.GetterAdapterFrame[CharacterController,Vector3] (System.Reflection.Getter`2 getter, System.Object obj) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono-runtime-and-classlibs/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MonoProperty.cs:234)
    3. System.Reflection.MonoProperty.GetValue (System.Object obj, System.Object[] index) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono-runtime-and-classlibs/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MonoProperty.cs:295)
    4. HutongGames.PlayMaker.ReflectionUtils.GetMemberValue (System.Reflection.MemberInfo member, System.Object target)
    5. HutongGames.PlayMaker.ReflectionUtils.SetMemberValue (System.Reflection.MemberInfo[] memberInfo, System.Object target, System.Object value)
    6. HutongGames.PlayMaker.FsmProperty.SetValue ()
    7. HutongGames.PlayMaker.Actions.SetProperty.OnUpdate () (at Assets/PlayMaker/Actions/SetProperty.cs:34)
    8. HutongGames.PlayMaker.FsmState.OnUpdate ()
    9. HutongGames.PlayMaker.Fsm.UpdateState (HutongGames.PlayMaker.FsmState state)
    10. HutongGames.PlayMaker.Fsm.Update ()
    11. PlayMakerFSM.Update ()

16. Snownebula

Snownebula

How do I convert them from Generic rig, to Humanoid?

17. Kubold

Kubold

Ok, let's go back to the very beginning. Just make a new project and watch this tutorial. I made it just for you :D

Snownebula and theANMATOR2b like this.
  18. theANMATOR2b

theANMATOR2b

Hey Snow - to your last question - select the animation or character, in the Inspector select the Rig tab and change from generic to humanoid.

I have not used this pack from Kubold but it seems you are not following the processes he has available in videos and on his site.
    Seems like the error you are experiencing might be with the Morph package.
    This might be helpful to you also http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/released-morph-character-system-mcs-male-and-female.355675/

Finally - Kubold has a great FAQ on his site available for all.
    http://www.kubold.com/?page_id=594

hopeful likes this.
  19. Snownebula

Snownebula

I've got a different question. I was using UFPS before I replaced it with this asset. I used to have a foot step sound. I was trying to use the one from UFPS but something is missing from it without adding all of the UFPS stuff to the avatar. I am wondering if you have ever used a foot step sound system and how you got it to work. Am I missing a collion or something?

20. Kubold

Kubold

Female Movement Animset Pro already has some footsteps, but it's very simple and, frankly, not optimal.

There are collsion spheres parented to the feet of the female Dummy. Just reparent them so they are attached to your model's foot bones and you will have your footsteps. This is not the best method, since the foot collisions with the ground vary a little bit every time, so the footsteps are uneven.

The optimal solution for footseps is to just use animation events, so the sounds are triggered by animation. Same goes for every other sound body does, like clothes moving, voice efforts, landing sounds etc. I didn't include that system because this starter controller is already complicated, and it is supposed to be a starter, not a full game.

21. hopeful

hopeful

This is not my area of expertise, but I believe another popular plugin recently switched from using animation events for footstep sounds to using foot colliders because the animation events were triggering inconsistently.

22. Kubold

Kubold

I never had problems with animation events, but I constantly have problems with colliders in Unity (especially if something moves really fast), so our experiences differ.

Colliders are good for a simple prototype, but for a full, polished game, where you have walking, running, sneaking, custom animations, cutscenes, falling over etc - you need anim events to control what sound you play on each animation.

But, as always in game dev, there is 100 ways of solving every problem and all of them will work.

theANMATOR2b likes this.
  23. Coder_lab

Coder_lab

Hi Kubold,

Firstly, thanks for the massive effort involved in getting so many excellent quality mocap anims into our hands!

Secondly I was wondering if you had any advice on using the 'Climbing_2m' animation on other characters:

Short of using an IK solution, is there anything else I can try first to get it working with the character I'm using? I've already
    • gone into the avatar and matched it (hands/arms) as closely as possible with the Female Dummy pose, and
    • Changed the height of the obstacle to around 2.13m, which is better but the hands still clip in a few places and are spaced too far apart.
    • Changed the scale of my character to be the same height as the Female Dummy, this helps with the height, but the arms are spaced very wide apart and the hands are rotated away from each other still
    Vault2mHeightProblem.png

Any advice you can offer would be greatly appreciated!

Kind regards,

nameis

24. Kubold

Kubold

Hi,

The Climb2m green box is scalable - you can change it's scale on any axis. In fact it's just a trigger. The proper way to use it is to scale it, so it's super thin, and just "wallpaper" it to the side of the wall that is supposed to be climbable. So for bigger characters the 2m becomes 2,3 or ever 4m, if they are twice as high.

The hands being a little bit further apart doesn't look like a problem, if you have wide enough ledge.

From the picture you sent, it looks like the palms are rotated a little bit. You can fix it in Avatar, by rotating the palms by couple of degrees, so they match. Same thing with fingers. I made a video about adjusting avatars some time ago:

theANMATOR2b likes this.
  25. Kubold

Kubold

One more useful thing I discovered recently: You can adjust how far apart the feet should be during walking (regardless of animation) in "Muscle" section of the Avatar. There is a slider for that there. It's super useful for very small or very big characters.

26. Coder_lab

Coder_lab

Thanks so much for your exceptionally fast and thorough response, awesome support!

27. Kubold

Kubold

We must be in the same timezone or something. Usually my 10:00 am is peoples' 2:00 am ;)

theANMATOR2b and Coder_lab like this.
  28. jdraper3

jdraper3

Great work on this asset!! Quick question though-

I get an error when jumping/vaulting/climbing that the FSM can't find the character motor behavior, even though I know that it's there. ("Player : MovementFSM : JumpStart : EnableBehaviour : MCSFemale missing behaviour: CharacterMotor"). I also know that it's active on the character object, because when it's checked I can't jump or climb (frozen Y axis), but when I manually disable it then I can - but of course then falling is broken because there's no gravity. I also made a little script to log the attached components on the MCSFemale game object at runtime, and it shows that the CharacterMotor exists.

I set everything up according to the video you made eariler in the thread (I'm even using the MCSFemale, though the full not the light).

Here are a few screens to verify my setup - hopefully it's something simple that I'm just overlooking :)

hierarchy.png

player-inspector.png
    fsm-variables.png

29. Kubold

Kubold

It all looks ok, it should work.

Can you please test in runtime, if the "CharacterController" playmaker variable has the script referenced? So press play to run the game, go to playmaker MovementFSM, to variables section, and check if CharacterMotor variable is referenced.

Also please make sure you made changes to both instance (the character on the level) and on prefab. PlayMaker has many different options, and one of them is choice if you are modifying one or the other.

MCSFemale is very popular and I tested it many, many times on user's requests, that's why I even made a tutorial with it (
    ).

30. montyfi

montyfi

Hi @Kubold
    I noticed that Female Movement Animset Pro is missing some animation presented in another animset pro, e.g. turning RunFwdTurn180 and such. Were those skipped on purpose? If not, could you please add them?

31. Kubold

Kubold

To be honest, I simply forgot to record them. The actress is on maternity leave right now, she can't work at the moment. I'll record and add those anims in next update, when she gets back.

hopeful and montyfi like this.
  32. montyfi

montyfi

Thank you, could you please add JumpRun animations too?

Deleted User likes this.
  33. TOOTOOOO

TOOTOOOO

Hi Kubold.

Your animation and character controller is very good!!!

By the way, I want to use your character controller with PuppetMaster(https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/jp/#!/content/48977).
    But I can't do it good.
    Can you help me how to do it if you know ?

I'm sorry I'm not good at english.

34. TOOTOOOO

TOOTOOOO

I solved for the present!

35. jdraper3

jdraper3

Kubold - I solved my previous problem (caused by duplicate scripts that Unity didn't pick up on for some reason), but now I have a new issue.

After importing this asset into one of my other projects, I can only get the player to run forward. Pressing any of the buttons - W/A/S/D and moving the left thumbstick on a controller all make the character run forward. This happens even after creating a new project and importing nothing but FemaleMovementAnimsetPro and Playmaker and loading the test scene with the FemaleDummy.

I replaced the InputManager.asset, and I get no errors at all. I verified the InputVector on InputDirectionCompass and it is correct (X and Z showing the proper -1 to 1 range). However, in the AnimatorController, I see that in the Walking Blend Tree, InputAngle never changes from 0.

Can you verify that there isn't some sort of bug present in the latest release? Thanks!

EDIT: It looks like it was indeed a bug in the controller. After going over the FSMs and figuring out how it all works together, I noticed that in the LookAtInputDirectionFSM, the "I Tween Move Update" action was running before Get Axis Vector, and also the Vector Position needed to be set to InputVector. Works great after those two changes.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2016
  36. TOOTOOOO

TOOTOOOO

I have a trivial question not related to my previous one.In DetectFallingFSM,DetectFalling2 state has 4 raycast2 actions and their From game object is Groundraycaster2 Groundraycaster3 Groundraycaster3 Groundraycaster3.Is it a mistake or not ?

37. QuadMan

QuadMan

No boobs bouncing? XD

38. JunekeyLee

JunekeyLee

hi,
    i buy this package and PlayerMaker. when i run demo scene, the project alert error.
    my unity version is 5.3.5 pro.
    1. I create new Project and downloa Playermaker ,installing .
    2. download this package . when i done this, the PlayerMaker menu disapeared.
    when i run demo scene just alert "all compiler errors have tobe fixed before you can enter playmode",

* when i download this package only, it's has error too.

hlep.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2016
  39. Kubold

Kubold

Hi.

1. Download Playmaker to your project. It doesn't install right away, it needs addition steps.
    2. Playmaker needs additional installing.
    - go to top menu bar, click Assets>Import Package>Custom Package
    - go to \Assets\Playmaker\Editor\Install\ folder and select Playmaker.1.8.1.unitypackage file. Playmaker will not fully install.​
    3. Import Female Animset Pro and proceed with HowToInstall.txt instructions in the FemaleAnimsetPro filder.

Important note: in latest PlayMaker (1.8.1) they added Mecanim Actions which weren't included in Playmaker before, so they are included in FemaleAnimsetPro instead. Please uncheck the the tick next to "PlayMaker Animator" folder in Female Animset Pro import options, until I remove it from my packages.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2016
    theANMATOR2b likes this.
  40. JunekeyLee

JunekeyLee

---------------------------------------------
    hi, i done this, and there are two errors.
    1 . Assets/PlayMaker/Actions/Animator/AnimatorPlay.cs(9,22): error CS0101: The namespace `HutongGames.PlayMaker.Actions' already contains a definition for `AnimatorPlay'
    2. Assets/PlayMaker/Actions/Animator/SetAnimatorTarget.cs(9,22): error CS0101: The namespace `HutongGames.PlayMaker.Actions' already contains a definition for `SetAnimatorTarget'

help

41. Kubold

Kubold

Hi, those errors say that you already have AnimatorPlay and SetAnimatorTarget Actions in your project. You skipped this:

Important note: in latest PlayMaker (1.8.1) they added Mecanim Actions which weren't included in Playmaker before, so they are included in FemaleAnimsetPro instead. Please uncheck the the tick next to "PlayMaker Animator" folder in Female Animset Pro import options, until I remove it from my packages.

You need to delete the doubled scripts - delete the folder with PlayMaker Animator actions form FemaleAnimsetPro folder.

This is a temporary situation, caused by latest PlayMaker update, I need time to resubmit all my packages.

42. JunekeyLee

JunekeyLee

---------------
    hi, i done this, and it can run the demo scene, but when i have collision event, there is a NullReferenceException. (my pc is mac)

NullReferenceException
    HutongGames.PlayMaker.Actions.HasComponent.DoHasComponent (UnityEngine.GameObject go) (at Assets/PlayMaker/Actions/HasComponent.cs:62)
    HutongGames.PlayMaker.Actions.HasComponent.OnEnter () (at Assets/PlayMaker/Actions/HasComponent.cs:39)
    HutongGames.PlayMaker.FsmState.ActivateActions (Int32 startIndex) (at c:/Users/Alex/Documents/Unity/Playmaker/Projects/Playmaker.source.unity/Assets/PlayMaker/Classes/FsmState.cs:201)
    HutongGames.PlayMaker.FsmState.OnEnter () (at c:/Users/Alex/Documents/Unity/Playmaker/Projects/Playmaker.source.unity/Assets/PlayMaker/Classes/FsmState.cs:169)
    HutongGames.PlayMaker.Fsm.EnterState (HutongGames.PlayMaker.FsmState state) (at c:/Users/Alex/Documents/Unity/Playmaker/Projects/Playmaker.source.unity/Assets/PlayMaker/Classes/Fsm.cs:2488)
    HutongGames.PlayMaker.Fsm.SwitchState (HutongGames.PlayMaker.FsmState toState) (at c:/Users/Alex/Documents/Unity/Playmaker/Projects/Playmaker.source.unity/Assets/PlayMaker/Classes/Fsm.cs:2446)
    HutongGames.PlayMaker.Fsm.UpdateStateChanges () (at c:/Users/Alex/Documents/Unity/Playmaker/Projects/Playmaker.source.unity/Assets/PlayMaker/Classes/Fsm.cs:2374)
    HutongGames.PlayMaker.Fsm.UpdateState (HutongGames.PlayMaker.FsmState state) (at c:/Users/Alex/Documents/Unity/Playmaker/Projects/Playmaker.source.unity/Assets/PlayMaker/Classes/Fsm.cs:2504)
    HutongGames.PlayMaker.Fsm.Update () (at c:/Users/Alex/Documents/Unity/Playmaker/Projects/Playmaker.source.unity/Assets/PlayMaker/Classes/Fsm.cs:1758)
    PlayMakerFSM.Update () (at c:/Users/Alex/Documents/Unity/Playmaker/Projects/Playmaker.source.unity/Assets/PlayMaker/PlayMakerFSM.cs:486)

43. Kubold

Kubold

Hmm... there is nothing like that happening on my machine... "c:/Users/Alex/Documents..." ?? Unless your name is Alex, Alex is one of PlayMaker creators. It seems like PlayMaker tries to access his harddrive? That might be some PlayMaker bug, unrelated to my pack. I'll re-post it on PlayMaker forum if you don't mind and see what they say.

Btw. what do you mean by "When I have coll

44. JunekeyLee

JunekeyLee

----
    sorry. when player hitting the wall

45. Kubold

Kubold

Ok, yeah. It looks like PlayMaker 1.8.1 update broke "Has Component" Action somehow. Until they fix it, just disable it in the FSM:

EDIT: Scratch that. It actually looks like they broke "Get Controller Hit Info". It just doesn't work anymore in 1.8.1. It just fails to return the object Character Controller collided with, which causes to pop those errors.

Please disable "PushRigigBodiesFSM" FSM on Player\FemaleDummy GameObject:

Clipboard01.jpg

I'll report this bug to PlayMaker developers.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2016
  46. JunekeyLee

JunekeyLee

---------
    ok, it worked well, thank you.

47. Kubold

Kubold

Sorry about that, I hope they will fix this Action soon. Right now it's not much I can do about it myself, except reporting bugs.

48. GrooGadgets

GrooGadgets

Hey there,

I can't find the point and click example scene, was it removed at some point?

49. Kubold

Kubold

The scene is the same. Just drag and drop the Female Top Down prefab (form Prefabs folder) on the scene (on any scene) and remove the TPP prefab.

50. superflay

superflay

Hello, If I buy this asset will I be able to use it with Adventure Creator ? Can't I use the animations and make my own controller without Playmaker?