Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Feedback Wanted: Lightweight Render Pipeline

Discussion in 'Graphics Experimental Previews' started by Tim-C, Feb 19, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr-Mechanical

Mr-Mechanical

Any way to make a motion blur post processing effect in LWRP? I acknowledge LWRP doesn't support it, but I am making a racing game for iOS so it is kind of a critical feature : /.

Also, I am planning to create a mobile-friendly clearcoat with LWRP (similar to clear coat effect with Lit Shader in HDRP). But before I start, I'd like to know if this is something expected to be implemented in LWRP?

tetraxel and Shorely like this.
  2. phil_lira

phil_lira

Unity Technologies

What version of LWRP are you using? There's a bug in an older version that having Graphics emulation will mess up additional lights. It will be enabled by default if you are in Android or iOS. This issue is fixed in 3.3.0-preview version.

3. phil_lira

phil_lira

Unity Technologies

Currently if you want motion vectors you'll have to extend LWRP. We will add support to it sometime in the Unity 2019.
    There is some work in progress to add clear coat shader to LWRP but I'm not sure what is the ETA on that.

Mr-Mechanical likes this.
  4. phil_lira

phil_lira

Unity Technologies

All right guys, a little update on the rendering layer issue with LWRP. In order to do it efficiently I need to add some code to the engine. This means it will take a few weeks until you get this feature.

StefDevs likes this.
  5. Driven

Driven

@phil_lira I'm using lwrp 3.0.0 in unity 2018.2.8. I tried downgrading to 2.0.8 but still only 1 light can be active on the screen. I remember it was working many unity versions ago. I did not mention it but this happens in the editor! Any workaround or setting for this or do I have to wait until 2018.3 and 3.3.0?

6. melting_pot

melting_pot

It looks like the LWRP Standard PB material doesn't have an option for taking emissive into account for global illumination, as there is no Global Illumination dropdown under the Emission section. Is this just not supported in LWRP, or is there another way to do it? Thanks!

7. henrimh

henrimh

EDIT: Today we realised that the package available in the Unity Package manager is not the latest version. And that this bug was fixed in later release that's available in GitHub... Sorry for inconvenience.

Hey @phil_lira @Tim-C I'm having problems using pixel lights and LWRP with Android as the build target.
    The problem only occurs in editor and with Android as the build target. With Windows as the build target everything works. And a build for Android also works correctly.

The problem is that pixel lights seem to go on top of each other regardless of their position in the scene. Unity version is 2018.2.8f1 and LWRP version is 3.0.0.

Pic of whats happening:
    wtf_lights.JPG

And here's how it looks on Windows as the build target.
    correct_lights.JPG

Last edited: Sep 24, 2018
  8. LacunaCorp

LacunaCorp

I'm also trying to hook in here; any updates on the OnPreCull front? So far I've been unable to find any equivalents in the internals.

9. PsycHead

PsycHead

@Lacuna-Corp I think IBeforeCameraRender is the closest you can use at the moment.

SoxwareInteractive likes this.
  10. Deleted User

Deleted User

I had same problem, https://forum.unity.com/threads/ugly-green-light-when-baking.545665/#post-3613474
    Its a bug according to Unity dev, the issue here is that our Emulation mode as it exists now has some flaws, it skips some important parts and especially with the new SRPs it has lagged behind. Also it will turn itself back on after a build and also after closing/reopening the project, so it can be quite annoying.

In the latest package(which you will be able to get when 18.3 betas releases) disables structured buffers which solves this temporarily until we fix graphics emulation on the Unity side.

but when building on Android all pixel lights work, to see it in editor change graphics emulation back and back and fourth, but bug will return as soon as you hit play.

11. hadynlander

hadynlander

I'm running into a bug when layering multiple cameras on top of eachother in the LWRP and deploying to mobile platforms. I've been able to repro this 100% of the time with a simple test scene.

Steps:

Create a new LWRP project.

Add a second camera to the scene, and set position and /or rotation to provide a different view from the main camera (so we can tell them apart).

Increase new camera "depth" value to render above the main camera, and set clear flags to "Don't Clear" or "Depth Only".

In the editor, it'll work - you'll see the scene rendered twice with an offset:

upload_2018-9-26_16-5-46.png

However, when I publish to iPad (2018 model running iOS12):

IMG_0012.PNG

It looks like something's gone horribly wrong with tile rendering for the second camera. These screenshots are built with Unity 2018.2.9f1 / LWRP 2.0.6-preview.

Some things I've tried which have had no effect:
    • Removing the Post Processing layer/volume from the test scene.
    • Toggling MSAA / HDR / Color Texture / Depth Texture.
    • Swapping out the LWRP profile for the lowest possible settings.
    • Adding even more cameras (all cameras after the first - in terms of depth/render order - are bugged).
    • Changing first camera clear flags to solid color instead of skybox.
    I've also tested with numerous editor/package versions, and this is the least broken I've been able to get it looking so far. In an earlier (sadly undocumented) test I did on Android, the second camera didn't seem to render at all. I'm going to do more tests with the absolute latest from git + the latest editor beta, but wanted to get a head start on flagging it in case it's already known.

I've also tested with the built-in RP, which appears to handle multiple cameras correctly and consistently on my devices.

Cheers,
    Hadyn

Edit - looks related to: https://forum.unity.com/threads/fee...t-render-pipeline.518267/page-10#post-3613123

Last edited: Sep 26, 2018
  12. hadynlander

hadynlander

I just tried:
    • Unity 2018.3.0b2
    • SRP 3.0.3-preview (from github)
    • Unmodified LWRP example scene (no additional cameras like my previous post)
    • Build and deploy to iPad 2018 / iOS12
    ... And the app immediately crashes out after the Unity splash screen. I've attached the debug logs it spat out during loading / crashing in case there's anything useful there.

Attached Files:

13. onnep

onnep

The way the LWRP gives the main light does not always work flawlessly:

In this function(looking through the source) it basically returns the first directional light it finds from the scene (LightweightRenderPipeline.cs):
    static int GetMainLight(PipelineSettings settings, List<VisibleLight> visibleLights)

In our case this returns our UI light, which is also directional light. It would be nice if there was another way to do this (by using tags or something).

14. Immu

Immu

Hello. Got a hard time understanding your feedbacks regarding release of LWRP 4.0.0.
    As written in the Github changelog, it's: [4.0.0-preview - 2019-09-21]
    So I get that it's just a mistype for 2018 (although, not fixed for the last 6 days and pressent in other packages to ?..) . But does that mean it's released? If so, is that normal that I can't find it in the package manager ? (I'm using 2018.3 b3 and the github package.json only refer to 2018.3).
    If not, any clear ETA? And what does that date really means? I'm completely in the blur here.

Thanks for your answers.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2018
  15. Tim-C

Tim-C

Unity Technologies

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.