Search Unity

1. Unity 2019.2 is now released.
    Dismiss Notice

Feedback Wanted: High Definition Render Pipeline

Discussion in 'Graphics Experimental Previews' started by Tim-C, Sep 25, 2018.

1. TeyruSpiderMonkeylord

TeyruSpiderMonkeylord

I'm hoping this is just something that I'm doing wrong, but I am unable to get certain directional lights working properly with volumetric lighting / volumetric fog.

I have a scene that is set underground and lit from underneath, so my key light is a directional light facing roughly upwards. I have a standard "Scene Settings" volume object in my scene. When I use linear or exponential fog in my Visual Environment override (along with adding the necessary override) I get expected results. However, when I switch to Volumetric fog, any of my directional lights that are facing upwards at all cease to render at all, including on any surfaces. I only have one directional light facing upwards, but can replicate the behavior with others by pointing them upwards, and aiming the key light at all downwards causes it to start rendering. The behavior does not change based on what settings I have set on the light, including shadows or the volumetric tick box.

Even if I could get by with having they key light above the player, I still need to be able to have a light source of some sort below. If there's a solution that involves baking out non-shadow rim or fill lights I could give it a go, but I was unable to get such a solution to work on my own: no matter what process I try, I cannot get any directional lights to register in any way whatsoever if they are angled upwards above horizontal and the scene settings visual environment override has volumetric fog selected. Oh! also - the behavior occurs whether or not I have actually added a volumetric fog override, which I obviously would for the final scenario, but which suggests to me that the issue doesn't have to do with the volumetric fog override itself, specifically.

Thanks for any help!

2. Takamba

Takamba

I am by far no pro in unity, but....

Directional light facing upwards is considered as night time, isn't it?

Try adding an area light underneath.

3. Grimreaper358

Grimreaper358

You also need to add a Volumetric Fog Override Component to the Scene Settings then configure the settings for it to how you want. Since it's an underground scene you might only use Single Scattering Albedo (fog color) and Base Fog Distance (for this lower value = thicker fog)

upload_2019-6-5_8-55-37.png

4. mehrankan

mehrankan

Hi,
    I am trying to get the New HDLIT shaders to work with the SSS, and they are really nice, so good stuff there.!
    But there is a bug/problem which is constantly happening with the bentNormal map. Every time I plug it in and enable the static lighting sky in the scene settings, I get these weird "errors" along the seems as if the orientation of the normals is incorrect. I might have baked it incorrectly but I double checked my settings inside of xnormal and they seem to be fine (cosine distribution and all). And these errors go away If I disable the bakesky script from the scene settings and just using normal lighting.
    Can someone help? what do you think I am doing wrong?
    On a side note, I see the sample scenes are not using bent normal maps. Could it be the feature is broken right now?
    unity 2019
    HDRP 5.7.2

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 6, 2019
  5. mehrankan

mehrankan

update :
    the unreal documentation tells me that my normal maps should be in the same space , (not that I know what I am doing here). So tanget space normals need tanget space bent normals .
    I found a notch in x-normal's bent normal map baker, that bakes a tangent-space-looking bent normal map.
    and the lighting error is gone now.
    https://docs.unrealengine.com/en-US/Engine/Rendering/LightingAndShadows/BentNormalMaps/index.html
    here are the 2 maps. Tangent space bent normal maps are something that I have not seen before.
    View attachment upload_2019-6-6_2-45-31.jpeg

please do tell me what I am doing wrong here. Is Tangent space bent normal map the right bent normal map to use?

6. elbows

elbows

OK I will partially answer my own question.

There is a pull request for an initial PBR sky.

There is a pull request for SpeedTree support but when I read the comments in it I became very sad indeed. Sounds like wires were crossed and it will have to be refactored and isnt scheduled for 2019.2 but rather 2019.3.

hippocoder likes this.
  7. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape Moderator

Feedback for future procedural sky

It's a terrible idea to strongly couple a procedural sky to an actual light for the following reasons:
    • can't reuse same light for time of day sun/moon crossfade for optimisation purposes
    • can't have a different dynamic sky to sun angle for partial time of day/night
    I anticipate the new procedural sky will decouple completely and allow passing in our own parameters. If not, then the above does stand for me, thanks...

Related sky request

If it's not too late I would like to be able to freely rotate any HDR skybox / fade in out via volume so for example night time sky or such can blend in and out providing a strong IBL night sky for example.

These are things I'm working around, but if there's a better solution coming down the pipes I'm all for it.

8. Kemonono

Kemonono

Grading LUT
    I have some problems getting external LUTs to work in HDRP 5.16.1
    Tried a bunch of different settings, my own and stock luts and they don't seem to have any impact at all
    PS. The texture label on Color Lookup has the same tooltip as the Bloom texture.

For reference, if I have understood this correctly, this should be the correct ouput settings for the LUT itself, no?

Attached Files:

9. Vagabond_

Vagabond_

Directional light just stopped working and exposure component as well. Tried to restart editor and create a new light, right click and re-impor HDRP. No matter what it just does not work !

P.S. scene is also not getting lit by skycube. Tried a new scene and does not work as well.

10. VirtuallyHealthy

VirtuallyHealthy

It should be easier to plugin Roughness, Ambient Occlusions & Metallic maps into a material - perhaps have the three options available to plugin to the mask map (I can't figure out how to atm!)

11. Kappawaii

Kappawaii

Hi, I'm experiencing the same issue as #653 and I'm on 2019.1.5f1 and 5.16.1 for HDRP as well as Visual Effect Graph.

12. Kappawaii

Kappawaii

Also experiencing this error on a empty scene with default HDRP when hitting play with a VR camera

Code (CSharp):
    1. IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
    2. UnityEngine.Experimental.Rendering.HDPipeline.LightLoop.BuildGPULightListsCommon (UnityEngine.Experimental.Rendering.HDPipeline.HDCamera hdCamera, UnityEngine.Rendering.CommandBuffer cmd, UnityEngine.Rendering.RenderTargetIdentifier cameraDepthBufferRT, UnityEngine.Rendering.RenderTargetIdentifier stencilTextureRT, System.Boolean skyEnabled) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.render-pipelines.high-definition@5.16.1-preview/Runtime/Lighting/LightLoop/LightLoop.cs:2365)
    3. UnityEngine.Experimental.Rendering.HDPipeline.LightLoop.BuildGPULightLists (UnityEngine.Experimental.Rendering.HDPipeline.HDCamera hdCamera, UnityEngine.Rendering.CommandBuffer cmd, UnityEngine.Rendering.RenderTargetIdentifier cameraDepthBufferRT, UnityEngine.Rendering.RenderTargetIdentifier stencilTextureRT, System.Boolean skyEnabled) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.render-pipelines.high-definition@5.16.1-preview/Runtime/Lighting/LightLoop/LightLoop.cs:2589)
    4. UnityEngine.Experimental.Rendering.HDPipeline.HDRenderPipeline.ExecuteRenderRequest (UnityEngine.Experimental.Rendering.HDPipeline.HDRenderPipeline+RenderRequest renderRequest, UnityEngine.Rendering.ScriptableRenderContext renderContext, UnityEngine.Rendering.CommandBuffer cmd) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.render-pipelines.high-definition@5.16.1-preview/Runtime/RenderPipeline/HDRenderPipeline.cs:1817)
    5. UnityEngine.Experimental.Rendering.HDPipeline.HDRenderPipeline.Render (UnityEngine.Rendering.ScriptableRenderContext renderContext, UnityEngine.Camera[] cameras) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.render-pipelines.high-definition@5.16.1-preview/Runtime/RenderPipeline/HDRenderPipeline.cs:1423)
    6. UnityEngine.Rendering.RenderPipeline.InternalRender (UnityEngine.Rendering.ScriptableRenderContext context, UnityEngine.Camera[] cameras) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Runtime/Export/RenderPipeline/RenderPipeline.cs:72)
    7. UnityEngine.Rendering.RenderPipelineManager.DoRenderLoop_Internal (UnityEngine.Rendering.RenderPipelineAsset pipe, UnityEngine.Camera[] cameras, System.IntPtr loopPtr, Unity.Collections.LowLevel.Unsafe.AtomicSafetyHandle safety) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Runtime/Export/RenderPipeline/RenderPipelineManager.cs:67)
    My packages :

My camera in scene (it's the default one tho) :

13. alia_0

alia_0

Hi all, can MaterialPropertyBlock/SetVectorArray be used with HDRP & Graphics.DrawMeshInstanced to set colour per instance like in the standard pipeline? Am I wrong in assuming I will have to modify the pipeline to take the instance colour?

14. darkydoodle

darkydoodle

You can use a custom node and put the code over the function, that's how I'm doing it. Here's an example :
    Code (CSharp):
    1. UNITY_INSTANCING_BUFFER_START(Props)
    2. UNITY_DEFINE_INSTANCED_PROP(half4, _Properties)
    3. #define _PropTerrain_arr Props
    4. UNITY_INSTANCING_BUFFER_END(_Properties_arr)
    6. void instanceWorldVertex_float(
    7.     float3 _LocalPosition,
    8.     out float3 Position)
    9. {
    10.     displaceInstanceVent(_LocalPosition, UNITY_ACCESS_INSTANCED_PROP(_Properties_arr, _Properties));
    11.     Position = _LocalPosition;
    12. }
    That's also why I like better the new way of making custom nodes, easier to hack :)

alia_0 likes this.
  15. fherbst

fherbst

Why does the HDRP not support choosing back/front face culling through ShaderGraph?
    It's possible to "hack around" by using Double Sided + "Is Front Face" node, essentially rendering everything double and discarding the front faces, but that seems pretty wrong to do performance-wise.

(I made a bug report for this as well, (Case 1162197) [HDRP] No way to do frontface/backface culling, albeit there's not much to report other than "doesn't work")

16. keromonkey

keromonkey

Hello, I've been trying to programmatically change the sky color on the volume components. I've been able to grab them but changing the values through script appears to do nothing, even when setting update to on demand and calling Request Sky Environment Update.

Ideally I'm just looking for a simple programmatic way to darken the sky as if a storm is approaching. I don't understand why the volume profile doesn't update the playing scene.

17. FGallorini

FGallorini

Hi everyone, I haven't been able to solve this problem for some time.
    The problem was present with all the shaders that use translucent, including the SSS lit, it's like a strange green halo
    Has anyone found a solution?

greentranslucent.JPG

18. keromonkey

keromonkey

Wow, those actually look pretty cool lol

19. hugokostic

hugokostic

Or the diffusion profile (which contain SSS setting) isn't attach to the material/shader of the cloud, and/or the diffusion profile isn't referenced in the HDRP asset ( There is a list at the bottom of the HDRP asset's properties, where you can add diffusion profile asset)

20. FGallorini

FGallorini

All shader and settng are connected all shader works fine with old HDRP but when i try to update to the latest 5.16.1 ALL material with translucent property fade to green alo
    alo.JPG

21. Gollunk

Gollunk

I putted a lot of work to adapt my project to the HDRP and i'm really disappointed as the global graphic quality that i can obtain is awful comparing to what i had with the old standard RP. Especially the antialiasing (i use the SMAA). Shadows are probably better. Shaders are really complicated to create now. Is it worth to keep going with the HDRP ? Can i see the roadmap somewhere ? I need strongs clues to keep going in this way for the development of my game.

22. Takamba

Takamba

This must have something to do with the diffusion profile.

I also get this green effect without a diffusion profile.
    As soon as I choose a diffusion profile, the effect disappears.

Without-DiffusionProfile.JPG

With-DiffusionProfile.JPG

23. elbows

elbows

Which version of Unity and which version of HDRP are you using at the moment?

Have you looked at any other projects done using HDRP, to see if there are big visual differences caused by versions or some settings in your project or something to do with your shaders or art assets?

For example, Fontainebleau demo got updated to work with Unity 2019.1 and HDRP version 5.16 recently, and they have also started a changelog for that project: https://github.com/Unity-Technologies/FontainebleauDemo/blob/master/Changelog.md

Official Unity website roadmap page isnt good for detailed scriptable render pipeline info. Sadly these days that page is quite poor in general compared to roadmap talks that Unity do - the videos of these talks that are eventually released, and downloads of the roadmap presentation that are made available. But these talks have a lot to cram in so usually just certain large headline features or milestones for render pipelines are mentioned. Here is the last one I saw, which was from May:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bj8l1s7meiw00dj/Roadmap%20-%20Q2%20-%202019.pdf?dl=0 …

Sometimes in the past we were given detail about what was planned for the future in this thread, especially when people asked about something specific, but I dont think that has happened as much in more recent times.

So the other good guide is github. It doesnt cover everything, but at least you can see what is being actively developed, coming in very next version, or already exists in pipeline versions that are designed for next major Unity version. Obviously if you alreaady use latest Unity alpha and latest working github HDRP for that Unity version, then there is much less info on github site that will be news to you.

Things I commonly keep an eye on from the github site:

Changelog for master development branch of HDRP:

https://github.com/Unity-Technologi...render-pipelines.high-definition/CHANGELOG.md

Changelog for 2019.2 branch of HDRP:

https://github.com/Unity-Technologi...render-pipelines.high-definition/CHANGELOG.md

Changelog for 2019.1 branch of HDRP (to see what gets backported):

If I have even more spare time on my hands, I check recently updated branches to see what has been actively worked on very recently:

https://github.com/Unity-Technologies/ScriptableRenderPipeline/branches/active

And pull requests:

https://github.com/Unity-Technologies/ScriptableRenderPipeline/pulls

But I dont have to look at those, I will find out about most stuff through changelogs eventually. And it can be dangerous to look at all branches being developed and even pull requests, since some of these features might not actually make it into releases quickly or at all for various reasons.

A real detailed roadmap would be great, but takes resources to create and manage that, is subject to change, etc. I've always been a big fan of the info individuals from Unity have provided us on threads like this one, so it is tempting to beg for more now, but I know people are busy. Especially during this crucial year where they have to work towards getting the thing out of preview, while features are still being added and things refactored.

24. elbows

elbows

I extracted the HDRP-specific bits from the May roadmap, although I didnt do the Shadergraph or VFX graph ones, and HDRP does pop up elsewhere in the roadmap slides a few times, in connection with platforms and VR.

And I dont know which of any of these may have changed since those slides were put together.

Screenshot 2019-06-14 at 17.45.04.png
    Screenshot 2019-06-14 at 17.45.22.png Screenshot 2019-06-14 at 17.45.58.png

25. Gollunk

Gollunk

Thank you so much for this very detailed answer elbows !

I'm using the last version of Unity + HDRP (2019.1.6 + 5.16). Indeed i can see wonderful things made with the HDRP. So i must miss something. It seems to me that HDRP doesn't support SSAA but i may be wrong. But it could be why i notice a strong difference in term of accuracy. Now, i have something very fuzzy and the conclusion i had is that my camera is quite distant as my project is a top down shooter. You can see the difference on the pictures below (well, we can't see correctly due to the format but it's clearly less smooth/accurate and more fuzzy with the HDRP.)

HDRP
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=1DE40T3vXCKJovP-i2RH1d2LJwpWKJ2HC
    Old
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=186_OQrERMDrYiTtRLGjciAnGL8YC0UPp

Last edited: Jun 15, 2019
  26. jjejj87

jjejj87

I am getting green tint when transmission is on with subsurface scattering. It also happens when the material type is set to tranluscent.

Also, subsurface scattering isn't kicking in at all.

Unity 2019.1.6f1 HDRP 5.16.1
    green.jpg

27. elbows

elbows

Well I am the wrong person to help figure out exact problem via screenshots. Hopefully someone else can help with that, my general technique would be to switch off all post-processing and anti-aliasing and then switch things back on one at a time until it is clear what caused the blur.

According to changelog, SMAA support was added to HDRP in versions 5.8.0 (for 2019.1) and 6.6.0 (for 2019.2). Are you using 5.7 or earlier? I know some Unity HDRP template scenes were still using 5.7, but much newer versions of HDRP are available via package manager.

28. Grimreaper358

Grimreaper358

The blur is most likely from the Bloom post processing (If you don't have depth of Field enabled as well) so you will have to edit the settings so you don't get blur from it (well really noticeable blur)

For the Intensity, it's best to have it 0 - 0.2 after that the blur gets really noticable

As for SMAA you should have access to it since you are using a newer version than the one it was added in.

29. Takamba

Takamba

Hi

It seems to me there is a problem with the SSS profiles coming with the HDRP.

Try to create a new profile and put it in the list in the HDRP asset.
    Then choose your own profile in the shader.

This works for me with HDRP 5.16.1. Feedback Wanted: High Definition Render Pipeline

30. Gollunk

Gollunk

Hi Grimreaper,

I'm using Blur to compensate the lack of efficiency from the SMAA. Well, actualy i don't know if it's due to the SMAA and using Blur in this way is a bit tricky. In the old RP, i used SSAA, no blur effect : the result was really better.

31. jjejj87

jjejj87

doesn't seem to fix it.

Also there are two issues with it currently.

1. SSS is not functional (green tint or not sss profile values do not change to shading)

2. There is green tint when transmission or tranluscency is enabled.

EDIT: NVM, adding the profiles to the HDRP asset list worked. Thanks!

32. Gollunk

Gollunk

So, as i said i get an awful result about anti aliasing since i decided to adapt my project to HDRP. You can see a demo in the build below. The result is quite ok when the camera is very near of the character, however as the camera roll away from it, the result become awful. The problem is that my game is a top-down shooter so the camera is quite far from objects. There is no bloom effect but just SMAA.

Also, i notice that builds from HDRP crash a lot (really often).

I can consider that HDRP is in preview, so i'm about to switch back to the old RP if i can't find a solution. If you don't notice any problem, then it's maybe from my graphic card settings.

Thanks to those will can help me.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1HZ6O7x1AO8ueTGkNnxAjcX_CttkPfKPP

33. FGallorini

FGallorini

Ok reimported and recompiled All VFX after assign diffusion profile in HDRP asset now works fine.

HDRP is awesome

BSE-logo.jpg

Takamba, keeponshading and sqallpl like this.
  34. id0

id0

Just try hdrp 6.8. This is what is written in the change log:

- Added a new SSAO (based on Ground Truth Ambient Occlusion algorithm) to replace the previous one.

And this is what it looks like, the Big Black Hole:

hdrp.jpg

35. ArnoldCarterWong

ArnoldCarterWong

Upgraded the project to HDRP 6.8, the AO is a lot better, also it seems the shading changed a bit, now the shading on the model looks better(smoother?). The specular occlusion on stacklit graph seems to work more properly now. Performance is better too.

SeresSF7HS_2019-06-20_000.jpg

SeresSF7HS_2019-06-20_001.jpg

SeresSF7HS_2019-06-20_002.jpg

SeresSF7HS_2019-06-20_003.jpg

SeresSF7HS_2019-06-20_004.jpg

petersx, Ofx360, Takamba and 3 others like this.
  36. keeponshading

keeponshading

+1 on Related sky request

in BuiltRP we use an extended

https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/vfx/shaders/skybox-blend-transition-61134

Similar blend in HDRP would be nice.

also +1 on Feedback for future procedural sky

and Overcloud
    https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/tools/particles-effects/overcloud-137742
    is here an impressive solution for BuiltInRP.

Works perfect with RealtimeGI for me.
    Adds volumetric cloud layer, shadows from coverage and a perfect physically based time of day and atmospheric scattering.

37. keeponshading

keeponshading

Hi. Custom baked GI works like a charm but i can t find a method to provide my own lightmaps in ShaderGraph.

An HDRP Lit ShaderGraph with own lightmap samplers would be great.

Something like this (HDRP 5.2.0, 6 months old)
    https://github.com/RemyUnity/SG-HDRP-Lit
    extended through "LightmapST" Slots.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2019
  38. keeponshading

keeponshading

...some more feedback after getting back to Fontainebleau and doing dome shadow testing. (trees are 30m away, only 4k shadows here, great).

Fontainebleau_SideQuest_.JPG

How can we set the resoultion of the ReflectionProbes.?

Common use case like in Fontainebleeau and some race tracks.
    There are 12 ReflectionProbes (set in Project Settings to 256px).
    For driving the car i need 2 more for car interior and exterior (min 1024px).
    Realtime updated during drive.

Could you bring back the resoution setting to the Reflection Probes?

Hope there will be some MultiGPU solutions for HDRP who support such use cases.
    Every other optimisation for updating ReflectionProbes would be really cool.
    It would be totally ok to use an second GPU mostly for ReflectionProbe updating to hold quality.

ScreenSpaceReflections and future DXRRaytraceReflections are great but not on par because of SSR glitches who immediately break immersion and the hardware cost of DXR reflection.

39. beelyho_unity

beelyho_unity

Hi all

I have a problem with using HDRP (Ver. 5.16.1). There were some "blocks" appeared on game and scene view. Please see the attached picture. Btw, I'm using 2019.1.8f1. Anyone here knows what parameter or setting should be turned for correct this problem?

* If I don't get wrong, no similar problem found on v.2019.1.5f1
    * I have turned off all post-processing effect.

Attached Files:

• 1.png
      1.png
      File size:
      1.8 MB
      Views:
    • 2.png
      2.png
      File size:
      698.8 KB
      Views:
    • 3.png
      3.png
      File size:
      1.9 MB
      Views:
    • 4.png
      4.png
      File size:
      992.9 KB
      Views:
    • 6.png
      6.png
      File size:
      67.9 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2019
  40. awesomedata

awesomedata

Still getting those artifacts myself.

Yeah, still wondering about open-world scenarios.

Have you guys tested them? Are you simply not supporting them?
    Have open-worlds even been considered in HDRP's design? -- AFAIK, Unreal has supported them officially for quite some time, and since very few people plan to build a heavily-condensed MegaCity, this might be important to consider.

After all -- what's the point of being able to render millions of objects if we can't also space them out easily too?

....Might be a great opportunity to finally swat the competition on the rendering front, no?

41. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape Moderator

They are replacing AO in the newer updates of HDRP, and I can confirm that it's fine for vast distance rendering these days (it's been a while since that older post!)

For example our shadows are flawless and extend to 4096 units, where a character is 2 units high. From close up to far distance, it is fine...

I imagine it was heavily WIP at that point!

keeponshading and awesomedata like this.
  42. keeponshading

keeponshading

Hey. Great clean exterieur.
    I have some problems with HDRP car paint shading (shadergraph from measured materials asset) .
    When i set the car to non static. Shadows smear out because light probes are used.
    They are fine on static.
    Because cars are not static.) i need some help.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2019
  43. ninjanosui

ninjanosui

I have a problem when adding a point light prefab to a particle system->Lights. It will give :

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    UnityEngine.Experimental.Rendering.HDPipeline.LightLoop.PrepareLightsForGPU (UnityEngine.Rendering.CommandBuffer cmd, UnityEngine.Experimental.Rendering.HDPipeline.HDCamera hdCamera, UnityEngine.Rendering.CullingResults cullResults, UnityEngine.Experimental.Rendering.HDPipeline.HDProbeCullingResults hdProbeCullingResults, UnityEngine.Experimental.Rendering.HDPipeline.DensityVolumeList densityVolumes, UnityEngine.Experimental.Rendering.HDPipeline.DebugDisplaySettings debugDisplaySettings, UnityEngine.Experimental.Rendering.HDPipeline.AOVRequestData aovRequest) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.render-pipelines.high-definition@6.7.1-preview/Runtime/Lighting/LightLoop/LightLoop.cs:1809)
    UnityEngine.Experimental.Rendering.HDPipeline.HDRenderPipeline.ExecuteRenderRequest (UnityEngine.Experimental.Rendering.HDPipeline.HDRenderPipeline+RenderRequest renderRequest, UnityEngine.Rendering.ScriptableRenderContext renderContext, UnityEngine.Rendering.CommandBuffer cmd, UnityEngine.Experimental.Rendering.HDPipeline.AOVRequestData aovRequest) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.render-pipelines.high-definition@6.7.1-preview/Runtime/RenderPipeline/HDRenderPipeline.cs:1603)
    UnityEngine.Experimental.Rendering.HDPipeline.HDRenderPipeline.Render (UnityEngine.Rendering.ScriptableRenderContext renderContext, UnityEngine.Camera[] cameras) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.render-pipelines.high-definition@6.7.1-preview/Runtime/RenderPipeline/HDRenderPipeline.cs:1449)
    UnityEngine.Rendering.RenderPipeline.InternalRender (UnityEngine.Rendering.ScriptableRenderContext context, UnityEngine.Camera[] cameras) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Runtime/Export/RenderPipeline/RenderPipeline.cs:72)
    UnityEngine.Rendering.RenderPipelineManager.DoRenderLoop_Internal (UnityEngine.Rendering.RenderPipelineAsset pipe, UnityEngine.Camera[] cameras, System.IntPtr loopPtr, Unity.Collections.LowLevel.Unsafe.AtomicSafetyHandle safety) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Runtime/Export/RenderPipeline/RenderPipelineManager.cs:67)

44. KamilSztuke

KamilSztuke

45. DuvE

DuvE

Just want to say one more time about CustomRenderTexture in HDRP, this feature is really awesome and I think many will like using it in HDRP too. The main problem when converting/creating shaders for CRT in HDRP is this line "#include "UnityCustomRenderTexture.cginc", this fine is not suited for HDRP.

46. rizu

rizu

I'd love to get Custom Render Texture support on HDRP as well. tbh I thought it was supported already but obviously it's not the case.

47. Reanimate_L

Reanimate_L

Wait, it's not? aren't you just use it like a rendertexture asset as usual?

48. rizu

rizu

You can USE custom render textures in HDRP shaders just like any RTs, that's not an issue.

Issue you can't actually render materials to them as there's no HDRP supported shaders for them and the cginc we get for making shaders compatible is designed for the built-in renderer, not for HDRP.

Reanimate_L likes this.
  49. Reanimate_L

Reanimate_L

Ahhh i see

50. rizu

rizu

What you mean by support with alpha? Like, literally what would this do here? We are manipulating the final color here, everything in the buffer should be fully opaque at this point.