Search Unity

Discussion in 'Unity Certification' started by Loden_Heathen, Sep 22, 2020.

1. Loden_Heathen

Loden_Heathen

Purchased the Unity Certified User course to see if it would be a fit for our needs. We have a few interns and wanted to offer them training and help getting certified (pay for the course, etc.)

So to have a peek I purchased the course browsed through it and had my kids take a look. ... here is my feedback.

Spoiler ... it’s not fit for purpose ... well our purpose anyway.

1) There are several errors and typos in the quizzes. They aren’t to major, but I can see them throwing off a young dev.

2) The site and app are both a bit broken ... features stop working mid-way through for example at the moment cant review missed questions on quizzes not on the web app, not in the downloaded app, browser nor PC matter, and just over all its not a good experience at all.

3) Content seems lacking, this may simply be a perception as haven't bothered to sit the exam yet but based on the content and the quizzes ... seems there be some gaps whcih I would expect that price tag to fill.

This is a shame really, certifying ourselves and training up our small team using unity standard materials is something we have an interest in but if this entry level course is anything to go by its just not a viable option with the materials available. We will train our staff up ourselves and have them test, see how that goes, but quality training materials would be nice to have.

We have submitted a ticket to GMetrix noted the issues with the software and the content, haven't heard anything back in week I think its been so far.

UlfhedinNord and Tonymotion like this.