Search Unity

1. Unity 2019.2 is now released.
    Dismiss Notice

Unity UI Feedback: "TextMesh Pro UGUI" causes warning on Canvas

Discussion in 'Unity UI (uGUI) & TextMesh Pro' started by Peter77, Aug 12, 2019 at 8:09 AM.

1. Peter77

Peter77

Every time I add a "TextMesh Pro UGUI" Component, it causes the Canvas to add "Normal" and "Tangent" additional shader channels.

The Canvas is then showing a Warning. Every Canvas in our project shows this warning and this is irritating. Please note even if I remove the "Normal" and "Tangent" option, at one point they are added automatically again.

upload_2019-8-12_9-6-2.png

Please improve the Canvas logic that decides whether there is an issue and shows the warning. If UI elements actually require these channels, please don't warn about it.

If you think this is still important information, please turn it into an info instead, but also provide better information. For example "TextMesh Pro UGUI requires Normal and Tangent shader channels".

Claytonious likes this.
  2. Stephan_B

Stephan_B

Unity Technologies

I believe the best option would be "to improve the Canvas logic" as you stated in regards to this warning.

I'll bring it up to the relevant folks.

Peter77 likes this.
  3. Claytonious

Claytonious

Just a simple +1 on this: it has been annoying forever since we strive to have 0 warnings throughout.