Search Unity

1. Get all the Unite Berlin 2018 news on the blog.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity 2018.2 has arrived! Read about it here.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We're looking for your feedback on the platforms you use and how you use them. Let us know!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Unity Pro & Visual Studio Professional Bundle gives you the tools you need to develop faster & collaborate more efficiently. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Improve your Unity skills with a certified instructor in a private, interactive classroom. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. ARCore is out of developer preview! Read about it here.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Magic Leap’s Lumin SDK Technical Preview for Unity lets you get started creating content for Magic Leap One™. Find more information on our blog!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Want to see the most recent patch releases? Take a peek at the patch release page.
    Dismiss Notice

Feedback requested - Hub 0.15 "choose new built target for project"

Discussion in 'Unity Hub Preview' started by DanielTG, Mar 29, 2018.

1. DanielTG

DanielTG

Unity Technologies

Hi everyone,

With the latest Hub 0.15 preview release we've included a new feature to allow you to select a different build target when opening an specific project.

Under the Projects tab > Select your project and click the Options menu (aka the three dots) to expose the new controls.

Your feedback on the UI/UX and functionality of this feature would be greatly appreciated so we can continue to make improvements.

Thanks
    Daniel

2. Charles_Beauchemin

Charles_Beauchemin

Unity Technologies

anyone tried it? did it work as expected?

GameDevCouple_I likes this.
  3. Deozaan

Deozaan

Works for me. I like it.

Thanks!

Charles_Beauchemin likes this.
  4. pavelkouril

pavelkouril

Doesn't show all installed platforms for me. Other than that, it seems to be working OK.

5. Baste

Baste

This looks pretty useful. Haven't tried it as we're not switching between platforms at the moment, so I only have Windows build support installed.

That being said, could we get an Architecture setting? Windows 32 and 64 bit are different, and changing between them requires a complete project reimport.

Also, if I'm on OSX and want to switch to Windows, I need to chose between 32 and 64 bit. Since there's no choice here, I assume that the same thing happens as in the player settings, where 32 bit is automatically selected, and I have to wait for the entire project to reimport to 32 bit before I get to wait for the entire project to reimport to 64 bit. Not fun.

6. GameDevCouple_I

GameDevCouple_I

works for us

EDIT: for some unity installations it errors out unless we install it ourselves and locate the installation manually.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2018
    Charles_Beauchemin likes this.