Search Unity

Feedback requested - Hub 0.15 "choose new built target for project"

Discussion in 'Unity Hub' started by DanielTG, Mar 29, 2018.

1. DanielTG

DanielTG

Hi everyone,

With the latest Hub 0.15 preview release we've included a new feature to allow you to select a different build target when opening an specific project.

Under the Projects tab > Select your project and click the Options menu (aka the three dots) to expose the new controls.

Your feedback on the UI/UX and functionality of this feature would be greatly appreciated so we can continue to make improvements.

Thanks
    Daniel

2. charlesb_rm

charlesb_rm

anyone tried it? did it work as expected?

MadeFromPolygons likes this.
  3. Deozaan

Deozaan

Works for me. I like it.

Thanks!

charlesb_rm likes this.
  4. pavelkouril

pavelkouril

Doesn't show all installed platforms for me. Other than that, it seems to be working OK.

5. Baste

Baste

This looks pretty useful. Haven't tried it as we're not switching between platforms at the moment, so I only have Windows build support installed.

That being said, could we get an Architecture setting? Windows 32 and 64 bit are different, and changing between them requires a complete project reimport.

Also, if I'm on OSX and want to switch to Windows, I need to chose between 32 and 64 bit. Since there's no choice here, I assume that the same thing happens as in the player settings, where 32 bit is automatically selected, and I have to wait for the entire project to reimport to 32 bit before I get to wait for the entire project to reimport to 64 bit. Not fun.

6. MadeFromPolygons

MadeFromPolygons

works for us

EDIT: for some unity installations it errors out unless we install it ourselves and locate the installation manually.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2018
    charlesb_rm likes this.