Search Unity

Feedback request - "Better specify Unity version for the project after a Unity update"

Discussion in 'Unity Hub' started by AlanMattano, Jul 7, 2018.

1. AlanMattano

AlanMattano

Not important issue
    • I update from Unity 2018.2.beta to 2018.2.final
    • I uninstalled 2018.2.beta
    • I open my project and Unity Version window pops up telling me 2017.4 since is my preferred version.
    • So I need to close the window because the Unity Version window is not showing me my project version and is occluding the information under it.
    • The project is 2018.2.beta
    • So I reopen the Unity Version window and select 2018.2.final.

Feedback request
    I wish that the hub is smarter and when the Unity Version window pops up in the drop down is preselected the better version 2018.2. final instead of the old preferred. So in case, the project version is newer than the preferred and there is an update to that version since it does not find the current version, show me a better one.

Or tells me in the Unity Version window what is the actual Project Version next to the name in the description.

2. afshinity

afshinity

Unity Technologies

Hi AlanMattano,

Thank you for using the Hub and providing us valuable feedback.
    Showing the actual project version is something that we are planning to do. But, guessing "the better version" is something that may have different meanings for different users, but we can definitely look into it.

Thanks again for the suggestions :)

Best,
    Afshin

AlanMattano likes this.