Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

[Feedback] ImageSequencer (version f2 - 20170116)

Discussion in 'VFX Toolbox' started by ThomasVFX, Jan 16, 2017.

1. ThomasVFX

ThomasVFX

Hi Everyone!

This thread is the official feedback thread for ImageSequencer version f2.
    This version of ImageSequencer can be downloaded here.

Feel free to post any feedback in this thread.

AntonioModer and SteeLMan like this.
  2. CDF

CDF

3. NorthernVisionStudio

NorthernVisionStudio

Hi and thanks for providing such a great tool. Sorry for the noob question, but I can't seem to find how to apply a compiled sequence to a material. Not sure if a shader or script is provided. Any clues would be most appreciated. Thanks!

4. ThomasVFX

ThomasVFX

Hi,

The ways to apply a compiled Flipbook Texture sheet to a material can vary depending if you want to apply on particles or on some simple mesh.

if you use this flipbook for particles, this is automatic as long as you activate the texture sheet option in the particle system (shuriken) component, and set the correct amount of rows and columns for your texture.

If you want to use it in another material (for instance for use on a mesh), there is unfortunately no built-in shader to process flipbook animation at the moment, but you can write easily something that fits your needs. Here is some sample HLSL code to compute the UVs to animate the flipbook.

Code (CSharp):
    1. float2 FlipBookUV(float2 TexCoord, int NumU, int NumV, float FrameRate, float Time) {
    3.     float2 NumUV = float2((float)NumU, (float)NumV);
    4.     float T = (Time*FrameRate)%(float)(NumU*NumV);;
    5.     float CF = floor(T);
    7.     return  (TexCoord + float2(CF%NumU, NumV-floor(CF/NumU)))/NumUV;
    8. }
    Hope that helps,

Alverik likes this.
  5. NorthernVisionStudio

NorthernVisionStudio

6. mahdi_jeddi

mahdi_jeddi

In cropping, values can't go over half of the size of the image when using the sliders. "Find" button can set the values higher and I also can change the value by editing the asset file in a text editor.

Also, it would've been great to have padding tool, or maybe at least give the option to pad the final export of the flipbook to power of 2 dimensions.

7. knocking

knocking

Hi can someone please confirm if VFX Toolbox is working under the latest release of Unity, unity 2017?

Thanks.

8. ThomasVFX

ThomasVFX

Hi, Afaik, the f2 version is still working under windows64 editors for 2017.1.0f3 and 2017.2.0b2, though We have not made extensive testing on latest beta yet.

If you have a reproduce case or more information (more precise information) I could take a look.

9. MirzaBeig

MirzaBeig

Just wanted to say thanks! I'm really loving this tool. It's super nice to not have to leave Unity just for recolouring and assembling flipbooks from sequences I've already rendered. I'm using Unity 2017.1 and haven't had any issues.

The feature I'm really looking forward to for this is generating optical flow maps and a built-in shader to accomodate particles. I know it's currently in the R&D phase, but do you maybe have any sort of estimate on when you might have a beta or something for people to try out and give feedback on?

10. MadeFromPolygons

MadeFromPolygons

update? alive?

Ryan-Gatts likes this.
  11. Ryan-Gatts

Ryan-Gatts

I'm also curious if this is still active.

MirzaBeig likes this.
  12. MirzaBeig

MirzaBeig

Also wondering if this is still in active development. :)

P_Jong likes this.
  13. Davood_Kharmanzar

Davood_Kharmanzar

nice asset :]

but, does exists simple prefab or prefabs to using these clouds and fires and smokes as 3d patricles on scene?
    i mean simple drag and drop prefab :]

Last edited: Apr 21, 2018