Search Unity

[Feedback Friday #71] - Does a single day matter? [09/21/2018]

Discussion in 'Game Design' started by Gigiwoo, Sep 21, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gigiwoo

Gigiwoo

Feedback Friday #71 is closed until October 19th

What steps are you taking today? Last FF was a time of reflection. 4 years since we started this little activity. Many dozens of posters, hundreds of games, and thousands of man hours. And as we see today, these big milestones come and go as we travel along our journey, to be followed by 'just another day at the office'. It's the road we walk between these milestones that decides our future. Today is the only day that matters.

Try; Refine; Repeat;

Gigi.

----

Want design feedback for your new game? Then you've found the right thread! Post here to get precious player feedback. Discuss until we lock the thread to start the two week break.

How To Ask For Feedback
    • Show - Pics, videos, or best of all, a playable game!
    • Be Concise - Who's got time for Wall 'O Text? Less is more
    How To Give Feedback
    • Be Positive - Finding redeeming qualities in the worst of games, is in itself a game
    • Focus On The Design - Not the designer
    • Be Specific - "Your game sucks!" is for nubs
    What To Show
    • Minimally Viable Product (MVP) - Core game play >>> everything else
    • How To Scope Small (Unity tutorial)
    Gigi

[PS - Feedback Friday #70 is here]

Last edited: Oct 5, 2018
    Socrates likes this.
  2. Gigiwoo

Gigiwoo

What's the good word? *bump*
    Gigi

3. Serinx

Serinx

Taking on a horde of Mole Men in my Lab Defense/Potion Crafting game.
    You can see at the start of the video, I use the elevator to "Go Down", this is just reloading the level with randomised walls.
    I'm going to make the floors progressively harder as you go down, encountering tougher enemies, and unlocking new potions.
    You'll also be able to unlock different perks for each playthrough.

Let me know what you think :)

Edit: Here's another video showing the potion crafting and effects of the Bear Potion (Which needs to be renamed :p)

Last edited: Sep 25, 2018
    eatsleepindie and Gigiwoo like this.
  4. TonyLi

TonyLi

@Serinx - Anything we can play?

Gigiwoo likes this.
  5. Serinx

Serinx

Not at this point, I'll try to put a playable version together if you're interested, hopefully by the end of this FF :)

Edit: ran into a few issues so it wont be ready for playtest this time. I'll make sure I have one ready for the next one

Last edited: Oct 5, 2018
    Gigiwoo and Billy4184 like this.
  6. TonyLi

TonyLi

Cool. Videos are better than screenshots, but nothing beats actually playing it.

Gigiwoo likes this.
  7. MD_Reptile

MD_Reptile

I've spent more time working on some stuff in a game I shared a few weeks ago, and now its starting to look more like a police pursuit game:

Pocket Pursuit (ANDROID IOS)

(incase the GIF cliips won't show)
    https://i.gyazo.com/44f4fb6aab91ee8086be6d94b3f4639a.gif
    https://i.gyazo.com/751c90229b7812afc1b977eb9fa28426.gif

Not a playable demo this time - though its nearing late stages, and I should begin prepping the store media, and adding final polish and fixing little issues, and if all goes well I want to get this live on iOS and Android within a month!

Gigiwoo and Serinx like this.
  8. Serinx

Serinx

@MD_Reptile That looks great :) Is the objective to smash into the suspect car until it blows up or something?

Some feedback that you're making progress like damage or smoke on the suspect would be good, is there anything like that?

Gigiwoo likes this.
  9. MD_Reptile

MD_Reptile

@Serinx I am actually working on a damage system now, that will probably be relatively simple. Just some particles of engine smoke getting worse, and possibly parts like the bumpers getting knocked loose. For now, its mostly prototype gameplay, where you choose to play as a police vehicle or a criminal vehicle, to either run from police or capture the criminal, but as I work on the mission system I want to get a bunch of different setups for other types of missions too, where you must protect a vehicle or reach a series of waypoints, but so far the main chase stuff is what I've been focusing on.

Gigiwoo likes this.
  10. Serinx

Serinx

@MD_Reptile Oh cool, that sounds perfect, simple is good. Looking forward to seeing how it goes!

Gigiwoo and MD_Reptile like this.
  11. Gigiwoo

Gigiwoo

Good stuff brings another FF to a close. See you next time.

PS - for those attending Unite, look forward to meeting you!

Gigi

MD_Reptile likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.