Search Unity

Feedback for 0.16

Discussion in 'Unity Hub' started by rob8861, May 4, 2018.

1. rob8861

rob8861

Hi,

I finally decided to give the Hub a try and I'd like to provide my honest feedback:

1) It would be nice if you can add an option to remove projects from the list. I am assuming they will automatically disappear once they get pushed down, but it's just an added "nice to have" feature to keep things tidy

2) When a new version is released (either a final or a patch) it would be nice if you can give the option to update an already existing installed editor, instead of installing it to a separate location.
    For example, let's say I have Unity 2018.1.02f installed , and next month y'all going to release 2018.1.03f, so it would be nice to be able to just click on the menu next to 2018.1.03 and select "Update to latest". I don't have unlimited disk space to install different versions of the editor.

3) I know this is just cosmetics but the Hub's icon looks like it was designed by a junior high school kid learning how to use Windows Paint. You can do better than that :)

4) The Hub is a standalone app, but it does not register it's uninstaller with Windows properly so it does not show up under "Programs and Features". I know the uninstaller lives in the Hub's folder, but it would be nice if this can be registered properly so users can uninstall it like any other windows program.

Other than that, I like it.

Cheers,

MechEthan likes this.
  2. AbrahamDUnity

AbrahamDUnity

Unity Technologies

Hello,

Thank you for the feedback! We love to hear out suggestions/ improvements from our users. I'll address each point individually:

1) We are planning a major overhaul of the Projects page and one of the improvements is being able to remove projects from the list.

2) That's a very interesting point! I'll let the team know about this and we may address it later down the road.

3) We know. It will change soon. We hope.

4) This is a bug and we plan on fixing it in the near future. Hang tight.

I hope this was informative enough. Thanks again for letting us know your first impressions and please ping us back if there is anything else.

Cheers,

3. rob8861

rob8861

Thank you for replying back. I am happy to hear that my suggestions will (and may) be implemented in the future.
    Keep up the good work.

Thank you,

p.s: If I had to vote on one of them, I would pick # 2 :)

AbrahamDUnity likes this.